Hi there!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cynful

Reaction score
Both my husband and I have started our new hobby of fishkeeping. I grew up around fish tanks so I have basic knowledge but wanted to join a community of more experienced fishkeepers who can help me to identify issues and give information to resolve those issues. I am a huge animal lover of all things big and small and I want to ensure that I am doing all I can to keep the little guys happy and healthy.

Our fish were brought from Pet co and we have encountered a few health problems; one of which seemed to be pop eye - of which he has lost his eye but seems in much better spirit after treatment. I will attach a before and after of him and he has lovingly been named pop eye as a result of his heroic survival. Another fish we have seems to be quite thin compared to the other along with a bent spine. I have pretty bad anxiety and upon reading about fish TB I have been researching nonstop and I need a little bit of reassurance.

I don't really talk about myself much so this won't be a long post but feel free to ask questions!

Thanks for reading!
Cyn

Popeye before;
Popeye after;

Attachments

• IMG_6049.jpg
    IMG_6049.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6051.jpg
    IMG_6051.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6052.jpg
    IMG_6052.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6054.jpg
    IMG_6054.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6055.jpg
    IMG_6055.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6056.jpg
    IMG_6056.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6058.jpg
    IMG_6058.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6061.jpg
    IMG_6061.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 20
I bid you welcome. Enjoy your aquariums and your fish and don’t stress over little things. Starting out is a world of fun. You will see a lot of cool things and have a few small disappointments but that’s life.

I bid you welcome. Enjoy your aquariums and your fish and don’t stress over little things. Starting out is a world of fun. You will see a lot of cool things and have a few small disappointments but that’s life.
Thank you! I'm really enjoying it so far and I'm enjoying the challenges of trying to get my fish in the best way possible. I just brought a proper water test instead of the strips as well as some live plants and a filter for the hospital tank so it can continue to run so it's ready for emergencies. Got to admit I'm a sucker for any fish in a bad way as I want to help save them - I've learned I can't save them all but I will sure as hell try!

Hi & welcome to TFF... :hi:
Well, the zebra fish could have TB but it could also be worms.

welcome, its lovely here, I havent even been here a week yet and learned a few new things already x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back