Hi My Name Is Craig And I'm And Alcoho............

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oh I did laugh, my other half thinks i'm mad, sitting here laughing at the laptop :blink:

It is very unlikely that a snail would cause a mini cycle, so don't worry :good: and keep the 'chuntering' going, I love it

As for toadstools, I aways liken them to sulky teenage boys - just leave him alone and he will come out in his own time. He has got lots of flow going over him hasn't he?

Seffie x

Oh I did laugh, my other half thinks i'm mad, sitting here laughing at the laptop :blink:

I was like that reading yours and Trod's journals :rofl:

It is very unlikely that a snail would cause a mini cycle, so don't worry :good: and keep the 'chuntering' going, I love it

I thought that myself but it was a possiblity, I've done 2 water changes of 18L each over the last 2 days and Nitrates are now at 20mg/l, I'm doing one last water change today before leaving the tank alone for a few days. I'm also going to reduce feeding to every 2 days to be sure it's not that. I like to feed everyday as it's the only time I get to see the firefish to know that he's ok but I think I will just turn the pumps offf for a few minutes and see if he pops out.

I've also go some chaeto in my tank.

I'm really glad your enjoying the Journal though Seffie, Half of what I type, I think "why did I just type that" :D

As for toadstools, I aways liken them to sulky teenage boys - just leave him alone and he will come out in his own time. He has got lots of flow going over him hasn't he?

Seffie x

I moved the Toadstool to the bottom of the tank and he's responded really well by showing his polyps, less light and less flow but he seems to like it :thumbs:

I'll try and get a pic up later

DSCF1493.jpg

Looks sooo much happier now, It's quite a relief after watching what looked like a lump of plastacine for days.

Any way I'm off to do a water change and then it time to REEEEEELAX :)

Thanks Harry

Here's a few pics for you guy's and gals. I've been naughty and bought another coral from the guy I had the toadstool off, Its a bubble coral and looked stunning in his tank, it had literally just come out of the bag after acclimatising it and was still closed up

Photo-0004.jpg

another one of the Toadstool

Photo-0003.jpg

and a FTS, note the Cheato in the bottom right

Photo-0005.jpg

That chaeto wont last long there :p all your snails, hermits and any crabs will have a nice meal, munch, munch. If you are going to keep it in the main display you will need to put it in a media bag to have any hope of keeping it

Seffie x

A very busy day today, I moved the tanks, I wasn't going to but with no firm offers on my FW set up and having to put all my corals in temporary places until I did the move, I just got bored of sitting in the hallway watching the nano with no signs of the FW going, so I've swapped them around and now the nano is in the living room and I think it looks superb. I've got a couple of pics but they are pretty poor quality as I had to use my phone camera.

Photo-000w.jpg

Photo-000x.jpg

Quite an eventful move with a heater shattering, the boxing shrimp lost a claw, I flooded the hall way and realised that I am currently not fit enough to carry a nano on my own (I did manage it though, thank god). All in all very stressful and I mean very stressful but worth it, within 5 miniutes of sitting down and watching the murky water clearing I knew it was the right thing to do.

Good points are:

I can sit on the sofa to watch the nano (big plus)
The corals look happier in their new positions (esp. the bubble but the toadstool hasn't sulked either)
The coral sand makes it look so much better, more complete
I dont have rock falls every 5 minutes

Seffie, with the Chaeto, the guy who sent it posted loads, far too juch for my filter so whilst I'm waiting for the submersible lights I left it in the main tank for everything to munch on :D As long as I have a handful to chuck in the filter chamber once the lights arrive I'll be happy, it is depleating fast mind :D

I think the bubble will appreciate the light from its higher position.

Looking nice.

I'll be starting one of these tanks too fairly soon.

Looks nice Craig

Seffie x

ps I also flooded the floor last night but with RO water, left it on overnight duh :blush:

Thanks Nemo, I aspire to have a tank that looks as healthy as yours, so your positive comments are very welcome :good:

Adam, the bubble has responded really well, I think your right and it prefers the higher vantage point :)

Seffie, I did the same thing last week, I new the container was nearly full but the missus came home with fish and chips, I thought I'll just eat this then go and turn the RO off, I then ate my chips, watched a bit of telly, had a game of Buzz with the kids and then spent the rest of the evening mopping up the kitchen, I'd estimate around 10ish litres were spread out across the floor :crazy: , the wife was not happy :shout:

Thank you for all the positive comments guys, It really is appreciated

Oh yeah, Cheato (what's left of it, you were right seffie, the critters ate loads) is now in the filter with the submersible lights :good:

Oh,I have been neglecting my duties on here

So over the last few days, I have added 2 fish, a 4 bar damsel and a Pajama cardinal. The Cardinal spent an entire night upsetting the rest of it's tank mates, mainly the clowns, very uncharacteristic of a Pajama cardinal but hey ho. So I phoned the LFS and exchanged it for a Wrasse, beleived to be a Carpenter Wrasse, see pics below.

Also I have had a couple of Torch Coral frags from a local guy that I am hoping will host the Clowns when they are big enough.

other than that very little to report, the Wrasse is by far the coolest fish in the tank he's got real character and sleeps curled up in an open clam shell that is on my live rock (see pic)

Only negative news is that the Boxer Shrimp appears to be getting more and more teritorial and is having a go at any fish he see's now :sad:

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back