Hi My Name Is Craig And I'm And Alcoho............

Ah, how sweet does that carpenters look :wub: have you seen his mucas nezt yet?

Seffie x

I've not seen it yet but the shrimp has been cleaning all around that clam at night and hasn't once had a pop at the wrasse, I don't know if this is because the Wrasse is masking his smell or the shrimp just isn't bothered, the wrasse is absolutely motionless whilst in the clam mind, I thought I had lost him the first night :hyper: .

What I do know is the shrimp is getting farrr too big for his boots, I don't know if it's just me but he has seemed t get worse since he 'shed' last week, Could that be connected to his attitude?

Is he a Cleaner, I can't remember - but if it is, he just wants to 'clean' someone :lol: Stick your hand in and he will clean it for you :p

Seffie x

Is he a Cleaner, I can't remember - but if it is, he just wants to 'clean' someone :lol: Stick your hand in and he will clean it for you :p

Seffie x

No Seffie he's a boxer shrimp, when I put my hands in he usually "charges" at me, I like him but he's upsetting his tank mates. I thought about getting a cleaner and a pistol shrimp as replacements for him, then getting a YWG to go with the pistol but I would have to lose one of the current residents to make way for the YWG and I like my current stock.

today's tank activity has all centered around the Clowns, It looks like they may be pairing, they have been cleaning the back wall of the tank, Right next to the weir :rolleyes: and having a kind of "fit" they look like they're being electricuted or something, like a very fast twitch.

I shall wait and see what transpires

today's tank activity has all centered around the Clowns, It looks like they may be pairing, they have been cleaning the back wall of the tank, Right next to the weir :rolleyes: and having a kind of "fit" they look like they're being electricuted or something, like a very fast twitch.

Yes, its funny isnt it, scared the life out of me when I first say it happen - my pair of clowns still do it when they go in their Nem on occassions

Seffie x

Yeah it's totally wierd when you first see it and I did wonder what the hell had gone wrong :lol:

Not much to report again, I've got a couple of Aiptasia on some of the lower rocks that I can't remove easily so I'm gonna have to get some Aiptasia X or Joe's Juice to sort them out

I ordered some additional CUC today, the Boxer shrimp is going to a local guy and I'm having a couple of Cleaner shrimp and a peppermint in his place, hopefully the peppermint will tackle the Aiptasia for me.

Everything is running sweet at the moment, I have added a Hi-Blow type air pump to the equipment list, that's in my shed keeping my RO and Salt water buckets aerated nicely. I've also added an additional powerhead at the back of my rocks to prevent dead spots.

I added an additional PL light under the hood so that I now have 3x 24w Daylight/blue tubes under there but due to the additional heat I've also had to add a couple of fans, which are doing a sterling job of keeping the temp in the right area.

I also got an inline TDS meter for the RO unit, which confirms that my RO water is at 0 TDS :good:

My freshwater tank was collected yesterday so I thought it would be a good time to mention my planned upgrade to the missus :lol:

I'm looking for an Aqua Medic Percula 90 as it would fit perfectly where I want it :D This will be a while off yet but I have a buyer in place for my current Betta nano and I have explained that I would be selling it without the live rock or livestock and he's happy with that, bonus :D

I'll get some pics up over the weekend of my lighting and cooling mods to the lid, it's a bit Heath Robinson but does the job and the bubble coral especially seems very happy with the extra light, the toadstool has also stopped sulking, i dare say it won't be for long though.

I think the bubble will appreciate the light from its higher position.

Looking nice.

I'll be starting one of these tanks too fairly soon.

Sorry Adam, I had missed this post previously, I wasn't ignoring you.

Yeah the bubble did much prefer the new position when I moved it and has responded really well to the additional lighting I've added. It also seems to be a big fan of Mysis shrimp so I'm feeding that twice a week now.

as for your new tank, Is this the Orca you mentioned a while ago?

I also got an inline TDS meter for the RO unit, which confirms that my RO water is at 0 TDS :good:

We have a little tradition on TFF, if you post a TDS reading of 0 we want a photo :kana:

Seffie x

Here you go, my tap water is 350, post RO/Pre DI is 13 and Post DI is in the picture below :)

DSC00026.jpg

And here's a picture of some 60's/70's style wallpaper that is usually hidden

DSC00028.jpg

Thank you, tradition is now satisfied :p Oh and that wall paper :blink: do I admit to having purple wall paper like that in my bedroom in the seventies as a child - nah, of course not :blush:

Seffie x

Thank you, tradition is now satisfied :p Oh and that wall paper :blink: do I admit to having purple wall paper like that in my bedroom in the seventies as a child - nah, of course not :blush:

Seffie x

In my defence Seffie, that wall is totally hidden usually, I have to move the washing machine to get access to the RO unit, I just didn't want everyone to think I lived in a shrine to the 70's that's falling apart :shout: :D

Anyway, the Boxer shrimp is being collected today and the same guy is taking the Damsel also.

Soooo, i though it would be agreat opportunity to order a yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp :kana:

So here is my lighting mod, the top one of the 3 tubes is the one I added, I originally added the light as one of the factory fitted jobbies wasn't always coming on in a morning, I re wired the connections but it still refused to fire up some day's (it's beleived to be a ballast fault now) and I could tell if it wasn't on by the look of the corals. I added the extra tube and now I always have 2 tubes working but since doing the mod for some reason the light that was being problematic hasn't been at all so I've had all 3 lights working. The toadstool has stopped sulking and everything seems happy so I'll carry on with the 3 lights :good:

DSC00029.jpg

The 2 red fans were added to combat the heat that the additional light kicks out and are doing a fine job too

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back