Hey

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

leep45508

Reaction score
Hello there I am a new member to this site I have had my tropical tank now for over 3 weeks and at the moment in my tank I have very few fish, the fish I do have are 4 guppies and 1 sucking loach, the loach is male and the guppies well I have 3 females to one male. The male is colour is dalmation and the ffemales are: 1 orange and black, 1 white (silver) and 1 jet black all looking very good. I have an aqua 1 40 tank. With an aqua 1 pump and an air pump also fitted now aswell as a submerseable heater. That is about my tank.
My name is lee i live in the united kingdom. and love keeping fish it has taken me a while to get the whole thing set up but hey thats me and look forward to talking with many of you in the near future.
Thank you for reading.
P.s want to know anything else just ask.

Dont you have a filter? 40L is a very small tank. Also welcome

hey guys i have an air filter its an aqua 1 air filter sorry not pump my mistake...I have the filter and air pump running in it.. at the moment I only have 5 small fish but as they grow so will my collection of tanks as I will also hopefully breed them in the near future the tank I have is larger than what they were in when I bought them from the pet store that have loads of room compared to the disgrace of the tank they were in plus they are now no longer over stocked have a good working filter and a great air pump... I will be getting a bigger tank what size would you guys recommend???? and thank you for your welcomes.

If you want to keep the sucking loach, you're going to need at least a four foot tank, as they grow up to a foot long. They also eat less and less algae and get more and more aggressive as they get older; some develop a taste for attaching themselves to the sides of other fish and sucking at their slime coat, so you want to make sure you keep only slim bodied, fast swimming fish with it; no gouramis or angels or anything like that.

Just for the mollies, a three foot/90/100l tank would be perfectly alright.

I'm more concerned that this is a very new tank, and probably isn't 'cycled' yet. You really need to get some good, liquid or tablet based, test kits (not the paper strip kind) so you can monitor your ammonia and nitrite levels. Poor water conditions cause more death and disease in fish than anything else.

Don't forget that in the shops the fish are only in those small, overstocked tanks for a short time; they're not meant to be a permanent home. Most fish shops also have massive great filtration systems, out of sight, that are a lot more efficient than the smaller ones in most home tanks.

i have all that emo kid everything is looking good, also regular samples are taken into local pet store but everything is good at the moment all the tests are good.. I did wait a few weeks before fish were introduced into water. My father in law has a very large tank and he has been helping me out with things as well. If the loach gets aggressive then I have alternate accommodation for him if that happens all the fish are fast movers and doing well. and thank you for the recommendations on tank size aswell that is what I am looking to buy now I have a few lined up.

Most reactions

trending

Back