Help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Actually your picture is not very clear.
It looked like bacteria or fungus infections, or it could also be a wound due to being attacked by another fish.

Also for bacteria infections to happen, usually there must be a wound.
What are the symptoms of other fish that died?

If it’s fungus, the water changes and salt should help. I have a feeling that the fungus is secondary to another issue. Perhaps a bacterial infection. I don’t see where you are from. If here in the US, you can try API Furan-2 to treat bacterial issues. I usually combine it with Seachem Kanaplex for a double punch. Kanaplex is an antibiotic. I realize in UK it is frowned upon to use antibiotics but here in the States we still use them when needed. :)

Actually your picture is not very clear.
It looked like bacteria or fungus infections, or it could also be a wound due to being attacked by another fish.

Also for bacteria infections to happen, usually there must be a wound.
What are the symptoms of other fish that died?
Hi thank you the other fish that died didn’t seem to have any symptoms really apart from two of them looked like it had been eaten but none of my fish have been showing aggressionthatbi ahve seen and one of the rainbow fish was like swimming like upside down and sideways and seemed like it was going a bit crazy

How big are your angelfish? In the wild tetras are angelfish food.
My angelfish is about 4-6 inches tall and 3-4 inches wide I personally never seen my angelfish show aggression but my brother said it had followed a tetra round once

I realize in UK it is frowned upon to use antibiotics
Just to be clear, antibiotics are not frowned on in the UK, but it's to stop people using them for non-bacterial things. If you do have a bacterial infection they are commonly used - but you have to get a doctor or a vet to say it is bacterial infection first. When my mother worked as a doctors' receptionist, the doctors used complain about patients going to see them saying "I've got a cold, I want an antibiotic". The doctor refused to give them a presciption - unless they also had a throat or chest infection as well as the cold.

Big Angels fish are aggressive.
They will attack or eat the smaller fish.
Some fish will strike especially at night when you have just turned off the light or early morning when the light is still dim.

Big Angels fish are aggressive.
They will attack or eat the smaller fish.
Some fish will strike especially at night when you have just turned off the light or early morning when the light is still dim.
Well that makes sense will put the smaller fish in my other aquarium it is only 30L but I don’t want the fish to feel stressed or get attacked and there are only five of them three guppies and two cardinal tetras

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back