Help With Setting Up A Tank

ok cool so if i get a filter that does 100lph for now how many would you suggest with juvies and i would probably add another later when they grow bigger

100lph ?? :crazy: .. that would turn just over half of your tank over an hour. No were near enougth..

Im gunna assume you mean 1000lph ? That would turn you tank over just over 5x an hour.. imo, id go a little more.. more like 1200lph which would be 6x and ok for a group of juvies ... then when they start to get bigger, just add another one that does about 400-600lph. :good:

ok cool so if i get a filter that does 100lph for now how many would you suggest with juvies and i would probably add another later when they grow bigger

100lph ?? :crazy: .. that would turn just over half of your tank over an hour. No were near enougth..

Im gunna assume you mean 1000lph ? That would turn you tank over just over 5x an hour.. imo, id go a little more.. more like 1200lph which would be 6x and ok for a group of juvies ... then when they start to get bigger, just add another one that does about 400-600lph. :good:

yes i meant 1000lph lol but iv seen one that does 1500lph so im going to get that. When there all grown up il get another one at 1000lph maybe what ratio and how many would you reccomend there should be plenty of holes for them to hide in as im buying ocean rock wich leads me to my next question lol. I can get 25kg bags do you reckon 2 will be enough for my tank? its 3ft long and 1.5 back thanks in advance

yes i meant 1000lph lol but iv seen one that does 1500lph so im going to get that. When there all grown up il get another one at 1000lph maybe what ratio and how many would you reccomend there should be plenty of holes for them to hide in as im buying ocean rock wich leads me to my next question lol. I can get 25kg bags do you reckon 2 will be enough for my tank? its 3ft long and 1.5 back thanks in advance

I'd go for 3 species of 1m/3f each, you can ignore the m/f ratio for l.caeruleus as multiple males will generally get along. :good:

I can get 25kg bags do you reckon 2 will be enough for my tank? its 3ft long and 1.5 back thanks in advance

Yea i think 2bags will be enougth.. at least for the time being anyway while they are juvies. You could always add another bag at a later date when they are bigger if needed. :good:

ok thanks would this be ok fopr stocking pls change it if not
Labidochromis caeruleus 4 m/f
metriaclima estherae 2m 6f
Pseudotropheus saulosi 2m 4f
i no its should be 3 females to 1 male but its going to be the only blue fish in the tank otherwise could you reccomend anyother different coloured fish to go in my tank thanks

i no its should be 3 females to 1 male but its going to be the only blue fish in the tank otherwise could you reccomend anyother different coloured fish to go in my tank thanks
Maybe metriaclima sp. "blue reef" They're blue and monomorphic(meaning both sexes are the same color.) Let's wait for someone to come around and see what they say.

The problems I see here (if they bother you that is), you may have to hybridization with all three species.  L.caeruleus and m.estherae are known to breed together, and since p.saulosi females are yellow, the males may try and breed with the females. As long as any hybrids are eaten or remain in your tank(s), it's not really a problem. For a different monomorphic blue species, check out p.socolofi, two saulosi males together is likely to be a problem, you could try it but be prepared to remove the loser.

ok thanks would this work

Pseudotropheus socolofi 1m 4f
Pseudotropheus saulosi 1m 3f

ok thank you thats the way il hav eit does it matter if i mix white Labidochromis caeruleus with yellow ones

ok thank you thats the way il hav eit does it matter if i mix white Labidochromis caeruleus with yellow ones

The only problem mixing the two is that they will interbreed, as long as any hybrids never leave your tanks, mixing them is ok. Compatability wise there shouldn't be any aggression problems.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back