Help! My Goldfish Has A White Growth!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

I donā€™t mean to be rude but there are so many know it allā€™s on here with bad info. I have to just bang my head against the wall sometimes. Yes, pox is a virus but starts from a genetic side. Hereā€™s some info.
Carp pox, or koi pox, is an inherited gene passed down through ornamental koi and wild carp which causes outbreaks of the herpes virus Cyprinid Herpesvirus 1, or ā€œCyHV-1ā€. Although contagious between fish, the virus initially lays dormant within carriers of the herpes gene and usually erupts during periods of stress, lower immune activity (hibernation/topor), or when koi are still young and developing. The virus is omnipresent in fish born with the carrier gene, and will be with them throughout their life in varying degrees of severity.https://pondinformer.com/koi-carp-pox-treatment-guide/

Last edited:
I donā€™t mean to be rude but there are so many know it allā€™s on here with bad info. I have to just bang my head against the wall sometimes. Yes, pox is a virus but starts from a genetic side. Hereā€™s some info.
Carp pox, or koi pox, is an inherited gene passed down through ornamental koi and wild carp which causes outbreaks of the herpes virus Cyprinid Herpesvirus 1, or ā€œCyHV-1ā€. Although contagious between fish, the virus initially lays dormant within carriers of the herpes gene and usually erupts during periods of stress, lower immune activity (hibernation/topor), or when koi are still young and developing. The virus is omnipresent in fish born with the carrier gene, and will be with them throughout their life in varying degrees of severity.
You did not cite your resource, you could get banned for not citing it.This is the website that you copied and pasted the information without you citing where it came from: Pondinformer.com

Carp pox, or koi pox, is an inherited gene passed down through ornamental koi and wild carp which causes outbreaks of the herpes virus Cyprinid Herpesvirus 1, or ā€œCyHV-1ā€. Although contagious between fish, the virus initially lays dormant within carriers of the herpes gene and usually erupts during periods of stress, lower immune activity (hibernation/topor), or when koi are still young and developing. The virus is omnipresent in fish born with the carrier gene, and will be with them throughout their life in varying degrees of severity.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that's how it works...:book:

The genetic component you could be mistaking for could be the description of the virus being a double stranded DNA maybe?

Have a read of this it might help (covers KHV CHV ect. https://thefishsite.com/articles/a-guide-to-koi-herpesvirus-disease-how-to-detect-treat-and-prevent

I give up. Thanks everybody. As far as copyright, Iā€™m use to rules on another forum. Forgive me for that error. I would never purposely do anything against forum rules. Hoping everyone is having a restful weekend. Enjoy!

I give up. Thanks everybody. As far as copyright, Iā€™m use to rules on another forum. Forgive me for that error. I would never purposely do anything against forum rules. Hoping everyone is having a restful weekend. Enjoy!
I set up the link in my message so that you can access the website and for you to be able to cite the website so that you don't get banned. If you don't, you might still get banned for it, i am not a moderator, so i don't know much about giving second chances until they ban you. i am only trying to stop you from getting banned as you would not be happy about it, i know i am not happy about getting banned from f******e or i would not be happy if I get banned from this forum too.
You did not cite your resource, you could get banned for not citing it.This is the website that you copied and pasted the information without you citing where it came from: Pondinformer.com

I set up the link in my messages so that you can access the website and for you to be able to cite the website so that you don't get banned. If you don't, you might still get banned for it, i am not a moderator, so i don't know much about giving second chances until they ban you. i am only trying to stop you from getting banned as you would not be happy about it, i know i am not happy about getting banned from f******e or i would not be happy if I get banned from this forum too.[/QUOTE
Thanks, I fixed it, I think. I appreciate the help. I knew you in FL but donā€™t t want to give myself away. I had left after having issues but would rather leave all of that behind me. Glad to have you here!

[QUOTE="I was banned from FL (not Florida) unfortunately, That is why i am on this forum now. [/QUOTE]

I donā€™t mean to be rude but there are so many know it allā€™s on here with bad info

Do you include yourself in this? Because I have seen a lot of bad info from you.

The
Do you include yourself in this? Because I have seen a lot of bad info from you.
Sure I do but Iā€™m aware of myself. Thereā€™s so many things changing and advancing every day in aquatics. You just need to move into the future and be a little more open minded. Just like when I told you I used Pothos in my tank and you said it was poisonous. Now you tell me to use it. You learned something from me didnā€™t you? What about when I told you not to clean your filter in chlorine tap water and you said you do it all the time. Really? I know I donā€™t know it all and learn a lot from others. You refuse to listen. Just like the pea thing. Itā€™s as good for constipation as daphnia but with you itā€™s either your way or no way. You continually put down using peas. Iā€™m just asking to be a little open and not so closed minded. Don't be a know it all and you will learn so much. We are all here to learn and share info. Colin has a lot of good information and I respect and appreciate what he says. I have some good info too and I feel like you think itā€™s hogwash either because Iā€™m a woman or because Iā€™m new. Not sure which it is.

Thereā€™s so many things changing and advancing every day in aquatics. You just need to move into the future and be a little more open minded.

You mean like not using pea on constipated Bettas.

LOL @ banned from Fishlore, I guess theres a good reason they did that.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back