Help me identlify my red bettas gender.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

entefan_li

Reaction score
Currently have a red betta and is very aggresive. I wonder what the gender is.

Attachments

• IMG_5360.JPG
    IMG_5360.JPG
    363.2 KB · Views: 247
The pelvic fin looks really long, but I can't see the "beard" around the gills. Is there a white spec between the pelvic fins? If so then I agree with the above, female.

I'm thinking the pelvic fins are too long for this fish to be female so I am leaning more towards male, plakat males are often mistaken for females coupled by the fact you have noticed the behaviour is more aggressive, see if you can get it to build a bubble nest for you by separating it from the others.

I''m also leaning towards a male plakat, those pelvics are just too long.

Is that another Betta I see in the lower right hand corner?

Is that another Betta I see in the lower right hand corner?

I have about 4 together in sorority tanks, in a 10 gallon tank. I've been looking at his/her behavior and I just cant seem to figure it out.

I'd be taking him out then, if he is flaring at the other girls and otherwise being aggressive then you need to remove him. I'm quite certain it is a male, which should not be with females.

How long have you had this fish?

I gather the girls have been there a while? Introducing a new fish to a sorority is something that must be done slowly, a established sorority might see the new fish as an intruder and could attack the new fish, same thing applies when setting up a sorority.

Most reactions

trending

Back