Help me decide

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
you could also make your own python using their parts and your own garden hose.... a faucet adapter is $5 and the pump part that attaches to your faucet is $5. Look on amazon for python replacement parts.

you could also make your own python using their parts and your own garden hose.... a faucet adapter is $5 and the pump part that attaches to your faucet is $5. Look on amazon for python replacement parts.
Would the garden hose leech anything into the water?

Just buy garden hose, a faucet adapter like @Fishmanic said, I have never use bucket my self cause we've got ton of garden hose at my house :rofl:, so I got 2 hose, 1 attached to syphon and another for getting water back up.

Try Planting Amazon Frogbit and Wait for them to grow the longest root. With Frogbit Covering Your tank You don't need to do wc for a month if you only keeping shrimp. 42 Gallon can Keep too many shrimp ill guess more than 100.
People use to keep 100 inside 10 Gallon.

Would the garden hose leech anything into the water?
Garden hoses have a softening agent built into them to stop them kinking. More expensive garden hoses that don't kink, have more of the chemical than cheaper hoses that do kink. They release the softening agent in warm or hot weather and it is poisonous to all animals, birds and fish.

If you want to use a garden hose to fill an aquarium, use the hose to water the garden for 5 minutes to flush out any of the chemical, then fill the water containers.

Black poly pipe (irrigation tubing) does not have the softening agent in and can be used instead of garden hose. However, some cheap poly pipe can contain lead so again, flush the hose out for a few minutes with running water before using it to fill tanks/ water holding containers.

------------------
Why does everyone with big tanks have issues about doing water changes. Make a home made gravel cleaner.
Get a 1, 1.5 or 2 litre plastic drink bottle.
Cut the bottom off the bottle and throw the bottom bit away.
Remove the cap and plastic ring from the top of the bottle and throw those 2 bits away.
Put a garden hose in the top of the bottle and run the hose out the door onto the lawn.
Gravel clean the tank and drain the water onto the lawn.

Remove the bottle and use the hose to water the lawn/ garden for a couple of minutes before using the hose to fill up a couple of big plastic storage containers with water.
Add dechlorinator to the new water and aerate for at least 5 (preferably 30) minutes.
It's preferable to make the new water up before doing the water change so it can aerate and mix while you are cleaning the tank. Then just fill the tank after it's been drained.
Use a small water pump like an AquaClear 802 or similar and a length of hose to pump the dechlorinated water into the tank.
Make a U out of pvc pipe and put it on the outlet of the hose from the water pump. The U hangs over the side of the tank and lets you wander around while the tank fills up.

--------------
I used to gravel clean and water change over 100 tanks a day using a 2 litre plastic Coke bottle gravel cleaner with a length of clear hose. Minimal mess, no buckets, no spilt water, just get in, gravel clean and drain, and refill. All done.

My big tank is nowhere near the garden. I have a cheap aquarium pump attached to long length of hosepipe. I run the hose across the length of the house when I pump water out of the tank.
I did find links to make my own python but I already had the pump and hose lying around doing nothing

My tanks weren't near the garden either. I had 20 meters of plastic hose that I use to run out the door each week during the water changes.

My tanks weren't near the garden either. I had 20 meters of plastic hose that I use to run out the door each week during the water changes.
Same, I use this hose, it’s quite cheap for 23 meters.
A053EE2C-8D34-4703-8C15-7BA5524E271B.jpeg

If aren't physically able to do large water changes, perhaps your Mom could help out with the water changes. If you are doing water changes by using buckets, perhaps it's time you got a Python Water changer to make things easier. I have a bad back and WC using buckets would not be possible, but I now use a Python and water changes are pretty easy.
I agree. With your health issues you really need a Python. I couldn’t live without mine. They’re a little expensive but worth it. Check EBay. You deserve to have what you want in the rank. :)

Try Planting Amazon Frogbit and Wait for them to grow the longest root. With Frogbit Covering Your tank You don't need to do wc for a month if you only keeping shrimp. 42 Gallon can Keep too many shrimp ill guess more than 100.
People use to keep 100 inside 10 Gallon.
I have had over 100 in my 20G long.

I think I will start with shrimp for now. If we figure out why I am getting worse maybe I can add fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back