Help Choosing Fish Please?

UniStrut

New Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi TFF.

I've just completed a fishless cycle in my 35 Gallon tank but as I'm new to this I'm not sure what fish can go with what (even with trying to research, its a lot to take in!)

Just wondering if you could recommend an array of species that are compatible but won't overcrowd the tank.

I live in a hard water area, the tank is giving a reading of PH 7.6 using an API liquid test kit.

I hope I'm not asking too much. If you would like more test results, let me know.

Thanks, Mark.
 
hi there. its difficult to reccommend stocking for your tank with nothing to go on. ph should be fine, hardness - different fish prefer different, but they will aclimatise and 35 gallons is a nice size so you won't be too limited by what you can stock. if you can post some species that you like the members on here will soon tell you about that fish and if they are compatable.

it really depends on what you lke though. do you want shoaling fish? if so go for tetras, rasboras, danios, barbs. maybe fish with personality? get cichlids. i'm not sure if 35 gallons is big enough for mbuna (someone will confirm) but i'm sure you could do tang. you may be intetrested in wierd fish? so really is up to you what to get. post on here what you like and then others will be able to give more pointers and advice
 
One fish that always catches my eye is a Electric Yellow Cichlids. But then a tank full of shoaling fish would look ace, if possible!
 
The electric yellow colored cichlids are african rift lake fish. They like a high pH such as you have but in general they are a bit aggressive. You might look at a tank with maybe 10 african rift lake cichlids of the 3 or 4 inch size. I don't keep africans so I can't suggest specific ones for you.
 
oooooo so fun! :fun:
get a rainbow shark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top