Hello!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PattyPs

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been a member for a while, but never said hello - so hello!

We've just upgraded our 3 foot (200 litre) tank to a 6 foot (425 litre) tank over the weekend. At the moment, we have:

• 3 mature Filament Barbs (one male, two female)
  • 10 baby Filament Barbs (aged between five and 2.5 months old)
  • 3 Flying Silver Foxes
  • 8 White Cloud Minnows
  • 1 Rainbow Shiner

We'll start adding to the tank in about a month when the tank settles in.

As we were placing our new tank where the old one was, to save moving and handling the fish too much, after advice from our local aquarium shop (Maidenhead Aquatics), we saved and re-used about 95% of the water from the old tank, all the gravel, used the old filter and added a new one. We've also incorporated about 95% of the water from the nursery tank where the babies were being kept safe, so we've not had to cycle the tank as it was more like a 50% water change. The nitrate is slightly high, but this is probably reflective of having a new filter.

As we have predominately river fish, we have a current running through the tank, which the fish like to hitch a ride on!

We've had to use plastic plants as the Filament Barbs love to strip all the real plants - so instead they're having a good chomp on some blanched lettuce as I type!

I'm going to add another air pump and plume in the centre of the tank and hopefully light up the inside of the wreck (if I can find the right lights), so some of the pipes are visible - they'll be moved when the next round of decoration is done :).

The telly has hardly been on since the new tank was installed!

Hope to get to "meet" you on the forums!

Attachments

• 92DC1613-4638-499B-9920-BA1410F75755.jpeg
    92DC1613-4638-499B-9920-BA1410F75755.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
Welcome!

:hi: to the Forum! Nice Looking Tank!! I particularly LOVE your Tank Stand. It is beautiful... like an actual piece of nice furniture instead of just a stand. Interesting fish species.

Thank you!

The cabinet is part of the Aqua Oak series. We wanted the tank to match the rest of our furniture. Both cupboards are full now, with a filter in each - luckily we didn't buy it for storage!

Most reactions

trending

Back