Hello Everyone!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Vethian

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Vethian or Chris.  Im new to this hobby and excited about it!  I just setup a 29 gallon tank and I am waiting on the cycle.  I wish I had looked online first about cycling.  I was directed to use fish.  
sad.png
 I currently have 4 Cherry barbs swimming around and they seem very active and healthy.  It has been a week and so far so good.  I look forward to read and learning and sharing.

Chris

hi and 
welcomeani.gif

If the fish are very young and very small their bio-load is smaller. Because cherry barbs are small fish and because you only have 4 currently this may be why they seem fine. But seeming fine and 'being' fine is often two different things.

Have you got yourself a water testing kit yet? If not I'd suggest that you get yourself one asap. You will need it throughout your fishes lifetime and they last ages too. Most of us will recommend the API Masterkit on here - purely because it's readily available in all countries and is usually the one that you can get in any fish store. It costs around £40 at pet@home but it's much cheaper on Amazon or ebay. 
Once you get it, (if you havn't already) then test your water for pH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate and let us know how the tank is looking.

If you are asking any questions the first question most of us will ask is what your water stats are before we start dishing out advice so it's good to have a test kit.

I'm really pleased you've read about cycling and you've found us. We're a happy friendly bunch here and there's always something new to learn - even for us long term fish keepers :D

Thank you!  I will look into buying one ASAP then.  

Most reactions

Back