HELKP NEEDED

sumfins fishy

Reaction score
i got my new tank about 2 months agoand i have had 7 fish in it. 5 babie platties and 2 mollies. i am gointo get some java fern and put it on some drift wood. i have also thoughto putting some java moss on it aswell. i only want to no if there is any infomation i may need. and is it ok to add the driftwood after a month of soaking or do i have to soak it for longer. plz help me

I attatch my Java Fern to stuff using rubber bands. I use the ones that are used at our grocery store to hold together bunches of green onion; those are safe for aquarium use. It will degenerate over a few months, but by then your plant should be doing nicely and will have attatched itself. Java moss is best if left to its own devices in the aquarium. If you let a bunch roll around like a tumbleweed, it will eventually find a spot and stay there, and hopefully begin growing. If you must attatch it to something, then its best to wedge a bit of it between two rocks or somehting like that. I've also found that it likes simply sitting on the bottom of the tank. If it keeps floating, sprinkle a few SMALL bits of aquarium gravel on the plant. The ones that come to rest on it will get attatched to the plant, and will weigh it down.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back