Heaters For Small Tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

argoma

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

so winter is comming here where i live and we're starting to feel a little colder.
I got my betta in summer and summer here is just hot, very very hot. The room temperature was around 37ºC and the water in my tanks was around 27ºC without a heater.
I got Casper in the middle of august, the hottest month on summer. His water was fine and he, as a tropical fish, had good temperatures in his water.
But here we live in extremes really, in summer the temperature goes over 40ºC and in winter it goes under 0ºC.
Now it's getting colder and i'm feeling Casper getting a bit slower, and much more clamped and i'm guessing it's the water temperature.
So i'm thinking of getting a heater this weekend but my tank is not too big, just the minimum for a betta, the 2,5 gallon.
Here we have heaters for every tank size, from 1 gallon to 100 gallon tanks, at least that's what's written in the box.
They say that the heaters for smaller tanks between 1 and 5 gallon should have the smaller heater. I'm whilling to buy one and i'm very happy to do so because i just want the best for Casper but those heaters arent adjustable.
Are those good or does it need to be adjustable? The small ones that fit his tank none has adjustable temp..

You can buy mini heaters, but they can be hard to find in store - you might need to try online.

I use a hydro theo 25 watt heater for my 2 gallon tank. It works just fine, doesn't overheat the tank, and it has an adjustable temperature gage. I have the same one in my 5 gallon and the 50. Watt version in my 10 gallon tank. They are very consistent with the temperature.

About $15 USD on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_?k=Hydro+theo+25+watt

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i would definitely look for around a 25W adjustable heater for your tank.  Just make sure you have an internal thermometer in the tank to monitor the temp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back