🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

CaptainBarnicles

Moderate Pleco Tolerator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I bought a cheap little hang on back which I really like but it came with one of those rubbish cartridge thingies.. I've just stuck a sponge I nabbed from another tank in the for the time being but I obviously want something more permanent. What shall I get and how do I position it? I want either ceramic rings or similar and a decent sponge... Will that work?

In my HOB, I have the following: course sponge, fine sponge, floss, and course media. (Seachem rocks)

You don’t really need active carbon, unless you are trying to remove a chemical/medication from the water.

The most important media for keeping the water clear, is floss. A filter only keeps the water clear, not clean. It’s your job, by performing large weekly water changes, to keep the water clean.

In my HOB, I have the following: course sponge, fine sponge, floss, and course media. (Seachem rocks)

You don’t really need active carbon, unless you are trying to remove a chemical/medication from the water.

The most important media for keeping the water clear, is floss. A filter only keeps the water clear, not clean. It’s your job, by performing large weekly water changes, to keep the water clean.
Photo please ? just so I can see how to do it... I don't use carbon either

Most reactions

trending

Back