hagen tropiquarium 63

macky1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
in my local aquarist shop there is some small set ups (hagen tropiquarium 63) at £140
with tank,heater,filter,cabinet and a lighting unit all neat and
compact....i was wondering if they are any good and if any was has any feed back
on these little set - ups

cheers in advance

macky
:p

They are ok set-ups, not the best and not the worst. IMO though the filter isn't so great so you may want to invest in another. :)

You have a nice Coldwater collection there :thumbs: I keep most of those species and I have been looking for those Sterlets for some time, how much did yours cost and how big are they? :)

ryan

i have 2 siberian strugeon and i bought them for £7.50 each and they was around 4 inch long.
if i remember rightly i bought them last september and now they are around 14inches long....(not exagerating)

they will eat all the grub you put in and any other natural food

late on a night they swim round the margins mopping up any left overs
loverly creatures...amazing to watch

but if you are going to buy some for your pond go for the albino sterlets as they are much slower growing

see this link for more info http://www.sturgeon-web.co.uk/

thanx for the tropiquarium info m8

macky

macky1 said:
ryan

i have 2 siberian strugeon and i bought them for £7.50 each and they was around 4 inch long.
if i remember rightly i bought them last september and now they are around 14inches long....(not exagerating)

they will eat all the grub you put in and any other natural food

late on a night they swim round the margins mopping up any left overs
loverly creatures...amazing to watch

but if you are going to buy some for your pond go for the albino sterlets as they are much slower growing

see this link for more info http://www.sturgeon-web.co.uk/

thanx for the tropiquarium info m8

macky
I have kept the albino Sterlets but I have to say I don't like them, today I found some 3inch sterlets that I might purchase when the temp picks up. As you said they grow very fast and can reach 3' but if oyu have the room they are great fish, I love their character, the way they bob up and down sticking their nose out of the water at you. :)

try not to let them do that ryan

they can swallow air bubbles and it will kill them
try and keep them feeding on the bottom if poss with sinking pellets

macky :D

macky1 said:
try not to let them do that ryan

they can swallow air bubbles and it will kill them
try and keep them feeding on the bottom if poss with sinking pellets

Yes I have heard that to, I would offer sinking foods to combat it. I was looking at that sight. I liked the look of the Diamond Sturgeon and the Giant Sturgeon which gets nearly as big as a whale :lol: so thats out of the question. :)

i have the siberian sturgeon and there growth rate is unreal....

probably have to get rid of them end of this summer

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back