Hagen Co2 System

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mattwhite

Reaction score
I purchased a Hagen Co2 System yesterday which i set up at about 5pm.
I cants see any bubbles yet and the instructions say I should be seeing them after 2 - 10 hours.
Has anyone any idea what could be wrong?
What am I supposed to be seeing exactly? Is it contant flow of bubbles?
I can see some large air pockets trapped in the bottom of the ladder.

You should see bubbles appearing at the bottom of the ladder, it is normal for the bubbles not to flow smoothley up the ladder for maybe a couple of days, until this happens you will see large bubbles building up at the bottom, this is just an accumilation of the single bubbles being released.

Give it a day or two then you should see single bubbles being released and flowing up the ladder getting smaller as the reach the top :good:

Hope this helps :)

If you are using the sachets supplied with the kit you may never see any bubbles.
I gave up with them and made my own yeast mix......works a lot better, I get bubbles in under 2 hrs every time now

Thanks for the quick reply soggyhome. i will keep an eye on it.

Fill with sugar to the correct level-use 1/2 teaspoon of yeast ( I use Allinsons) mixed in 1/2 cup of warm water add to sugar and top up with warm water to a cm or 2 below the top fin. You can optionally use a teaspoon of baking powder, but apparently isn't necessaty in hard water areas. I notice no difference without it so don't bother. This mix will last about a week.

Didn't get a bubble using the supplied mixture!

Alan

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back