April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Dc5191

Reaction score
Can anyone help, why is my guppy attacking my Platy? The tails has bite marks out of it.

Your tank is too small for them . The fish are probably stressed out . Sorry but you need a bigger tank with hiding places ,or return them for a more suitable fish

Would I be able to return tank to the shop or not?
Not sure if they would take it . You could ask ,but it would be a great wee tank to keep as a spare tank for quarantine or hospital tank or for fry if you are keeping guppies .. :)

thank you so much!! I have learnt lots in the past few days and the most important thing I have learnt is NEVER BELIEVE OR LISTEN TO WHAT THE PET STORE SAYS!!!

thank you so much!! I have learnt lots in the past few days and the most important thing I have learnt is NEVER BELIEVE OR LISTEN TO WHAT THE PET STORE SAYS!!!
Exactly. I'm still learning too .In the beginning I just thought I could buy some fish and a tank and put them in water and give them flakes and theyd be happy .How boring would that be .. :D .But dont let it put you off . Loads of people here to help and advise

I had tonnes of goldfish when I was younger and stupidly I thought it would be as simple with tropical fish as it is goldfish but I am mistaken! I have went into fish keeping blind and I really shouldn’t have!!! I’m so thankful for having people like youse to help me out!!

No-one on here will blame you - we've all been there at some point. But we do let members know when something needs attention as we want the best for fish, whoever owns them :)

Yes alot more to keeping tropical fish but the range of different species and things you can do is far more interesting and enjoyable I think .. :)

I’m sorry this has happened to you... most LFS’s just sell you fish to make money, not caring about their well being.

I hope this doesn’t ruin your view of fish keeping and I hope you stick with it. :)

Most reactions

Back