Gourami skin infection

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Fishboy525

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my female gourami has what look like a rash on her for a while and I canā€™t figure out what the disease is or how to treat it. Attached below is the picture of the gourami, if anyone know what it is thatā€™d be really helpful.

Attachments

• BA8F2C14-FD16-48E8-B584-9EBAEEBFD2C8.jpeg
    BA8F2C14-FD16-48E8-B584-9EBAEEBFD2C8.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 95
I had a couple of dwarf gouramis (on 2 separate occasions) that both developed similar lesions before ultimately passing away. Upon research I discovered that it was dwarf gourami iridovirus, which is very common in recent years and unfortunately is not treatable. I don't know if it can affect other gouramis too or if that could be what your fish has though. But a possibility.

That looks like a war wound. Who is in the tank with her
Itā€™s a big community tank. Angelfishes, 2 rainbow fish, 2 plecos, Siamese algae eaters, 1 other female and 1 male gourami. All 3 gouramis has been mating in the community tank and laid atleast 5 batches of eggs with the male mating with 1 of them at a time. I noticed that before they mate the male nips her body but itā€™s near the tail area and no wound from it. Sheā€™s the only one in the tank with those wounds and itā€™s gotten a lot worst.

I had a couple of dwarf gouramis (on 2 separate occasions) that both developed similar lesions before ultimately passing away. Upon research I discovered that it was dwarf gourami iridovirus, which is very common in recent years and unfortunately is not treatable. I don't know if it can affect other gouramis too or if that could be what your fish has though. But a possibility.
Looked up Iridovirus and it doesnā€™t seem to look like that. Looks more like battle wounds, almost like dry scabs. Thank you for the help :)

Has she been mating with the male, it looks like those sort of grazes
Yes, she has been mating with the male. For some reason it looks like sheā€™s getting better, itā€™s weird since the rash started like a month ago. Gotten worst as time goes by and now sheā€™s starting to heal. Thanks for the help

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back