Got A Wee Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cool wonder if any of you's have seen me around. Im usually walking my black Labrador around christie park and along the river path.

Ive just started this hobby and got a pretty big tank. If you got any moss or plants be pretty good as im planning to get some shrimp in the near future. :good:

Ive got some plants that could give you. And the chances are I'll have saw you at some point. I lived in middleton st for a couple of years, about 2 years ago and was in the Christie with my dog (black collie) pretty much every day doing a bit of ball throwing.

I moved up here from England a few years ago so didn't go to vale academy.

GS if no one interested in your forties I'll take them

So what do u think of the vale then?? Apart from all the wiredos and oddballs that seem to roam the streets like the walking dead!

Spence when you shutting down your tank?

Anyway!! Back to the topic at hand!! I sat for maybe 2 hours last night and sanded my branch with 120 grit abrasive paper.
Now ill work my way up up 320 grit. Then soak it over the winter removing it from its wet resting place twice to scrub it and dry it again naturally in a warm room.
Then place back into the water butt in the garden (filled with rain water). Hopfully it should be ready for spring!

With what was mentioned about the oils in ash that a series of soaking, scrubbing and drying should cure the wood enough for it be aquarium safe!

On a side note im unsure if there any people on here that are gurus with wood and could maybe compile a list of wood that ARE NOT safe for aquariums
and put it in the aquascape section. I think it might make a popular sticky (but maybe not).

Ill post a picture of my piece of wood once its prepped and ready for its bath.

Then Ill come back to this thread when its ready for my tank. Thanks for reading

Cheers Spence jst give us a shout when u want me to pick tht stuff up, how come ur gettin shot of the cories aswell I thought u had grown quite attached to them seein as theyre massive lol!!

I moved up here from England a few years ago so didn't go to vale academy.

GS if no one interested in your forties I'll take them

Forties? What kind of fish is that :lol:
Well, if your interested in some plants and corys then pm me and we'l arrange something.

Euan. Been on holiday so no had a chance to get things moving. But hopefully will get things started next week.

Cheers Spence jst give us a shout when u want me to pick tht stuff up, how come ur gettin shot of the cories aswell I thought u had grown quite attached to them seein as theyre massive lol!!
Just going to strip down everything and start from scratch again and see what kind of fish I get.
I have got quite attached to them over the years but there quite easy to come by so if a need to, can just get them again.

Predictive messaging on phone. How many do you have and will neons and shrimp be safe with them?

I take them at the end of the month then if you can keep hold of them till then. Plenty of room in my tank for them when they arrive.

Thanks

*Sniffs* I think i smell a hijacked thread!! Lmao kidding on. Glad to see your corys getting looked after btw there huge!!

Haha. Cant wait to get those rummys to add to my Army!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back