Good News!can I Get Some Pics?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart only has the dip strip type test kits..those are complete junk. You want the liquid type.

They mean 100% changes on a 10 gallon..because you said you didn't pre-cycle it.
If you don't cycle it before adding the fish (fishless cycle) then if you don't do 100% water changes your girls will go through a cycle..which can kill them..and/or shorten an alreay short life span.

Cycling is hard on fish.

Changing the water 100% keeps the tank from cycling..as instead of using old water to live in..you take out the old and replace it with new. If you're tank isn't cycled..I suggest a 100% water change at least every 2 weeks, with sooner being better.

I think you need to quit blaming your miscomings and memory on your ADD...my 9 yr old is ADD and has a better memory then I do. ADD does not affect your memory..it just makes you not finish things you start due to lack of attention span, that has nothing to do with your memory.

This thread hasn't left the front page all week...there is no way you forgot it..all you had to do was look.

If you can't remember these things, how are you going to take care of these fish? Are you going to forget about them too, like your "homework"?

I suggest writing yourself notes and taping them in clearly seen areas if your memory is that bad. -_-

It's not that my memory is that bad it's just, that while I'm studying fish online on different pages, a song or something will catch my attention and while I may be reading it, I can't remember what it said later.

Can we please just forget about my ADD and get back to topic, please?

Is it possible for my little bettas to survive the cycling of the tank? I read on my old forum to drop fish flakes in there while you were just letting the water sit in there with the filter running and it would cycle the tank.

Was I told wrong?

**mumbles something she doesn't want heard**

We can't forget your ADD when you keep putting the focus on it. :shrug:

Anyways...
Have you even read this thread? I suggest you go back to the start (post 1) and re-read it. And leave the radio/tv off while you are doing it.

It answers that question in grave detail.

DOH!!

Dude, you need to cycle that tank, the first 1 week everything is goin got seem ok, but after females are gonna start to get sick

If you dont cycle the tank, than you need to do 100% W/C every week...........in a cycled tank you only need to do 25%

Cycling with fish is very hard on the fish and you, because everytime you see that amonia raising passed .50 you have to do a water change, until the tank is cycled, and boy is that hell..... :crazy:

Ok, well I want to do the fishless cycle now, I'm worried about my girl. So what should i do with her? I really don't want to have to put her back in that little tiny tank again.

Sorry SRC for being such a dumbass and trying to go against you guys word. I will listen to you guys more from now on. Just please forgive me everyone, I'm not here to make people mad at me, I'm here to make friends. :nod: :nod: :hyper: :fun: :lol: So once again, I am very, very, sorry.

Hate to be the one who is gonna break it to you........a fishless cycle can last 3-6 weeks :/

And yes you have to remove that femalea nd put her back where she wants, and you need some source of amonia, not fish's amonia though......some product

Do research online about the fishless cycle that will help you

We are all here to be friends. Sometimes tough love just works best though. ;)

Put her back in the 1/2 gallon and just change the water every 2 days. She will be fine there until you cycle your larger tank.

I posted this a few pages back, but I'll post it again

**Edit**
Here is a great link to a fishless cycle I used...so far so good. (I knew I saw it here and I have it saved..but only in word format lol..finally found the link )
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=90452&hl=

If you REAAAAALY REAAAAAAAAAAALY want to have tank

I suggest you buy Bio-Spira...........thats an instant cycle, dump in the fish then the B-spira and wala! cycled tank

The only problem is gettin Bio-Spira...........is really hard to get in stores, you have to buy it online :X

Well I've got some really really bad news. My lovely mom :angry: won't let me get amonia, or anything else because she says that the girl looks fine in there right now and she will be fine to cycle the tank. :huh: She wo't listen to me or you guys, who know a hell of a lot more then I do about fish. Seriously, I think that I would be better, just to ask a freakin' brick wall.

You don't seem to forget the things you want to do, just the things that will delay doing the things you have focused on. Anything gets in the way and you make an excuse and forget the conditions. You were told to cycle a large tank. You said you were. Later you impulsively put a female in the ten gallon. Then it's off to get more fish to put in. Then you suddenly remember that the tank isn't cycled.

Make a check list of things that MUST be done before you get fish. Stick to it!

I feel frustrated. It seem to me that you go on and on about what you want to do until someone says something that appeals to you. Then you forget all the conditions and rules and do what you want. Whe you do this I feel like I've wasted my time. I feel that the fish are in danger.

Do not put more fish in that tank until SRC or Wuv or Synirr tells you to if they are willing to continue to help.

Got finished after all the action was over.

Maybe you should look up some Cycling information on GOOGLE and show the articles to her.

In the mean time, I would hold off on getting anymore fish until that tank cycles. Might be hard on that girl, but it's better then it being hard on 5 more girls.

And, ammonia is a household cleaning product. You can get it in most hardware stores..you just have to make sure the type you get doesn't list any other chemicals, dyes, or perfumes in the ingredients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back