Good News!can I Get Some Pics?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, today I'm going out and getting everything I need for my betta sorority tank :kana:

So I need to know two things asap: Should I use sand or gravel, which would be best? Should I use fake plants? (never used real before)

I'm soooooo excited!!!!!

The ultimate_fish MaC dAddY said:
Hey everyone, today I'm going out and getting everything I need for my betta sorority tank :kana:

So I need to know two things asap: Should I use sand or gravel, which would be best? Should I use fake plants? (never used real before)

I'm soooooo excited!!!!!
[snapback]925744[/snapback]​

sand, use real plants or silk plants

I use black polished rocks in my sorority tank. I think it makes the bright pink and green really stand out.

UInless your fish is a bottom dweller, substrate isn't too important. I have sand in all my male betta tanks, but for the 2 new tanks, i used gravel, so see if I lied it better or not. It's about personall preferene. personally, i think sand looks much nicer, but Gravel is easier to maintain.

I have my (currently fishless until Synirr's babies arrive) sorority tank with gravel, 50% white gravel and 50% dark natural stones. it's a bit silly looking ^^ But I like it,I have it in bright sunlight right now, to help the plants in ti get really full and healthy, but it will be moved once girls arrive. I REALLY prefer real plants. They look better, and mine are all much bushier than any fake ones I',ve found, so the fish can really hide well

Sorry about bad typing... Using a crappy keyboard because my PS2 slots are dead

Thanks guys, Do they sell play sand at Wal-Mart? I'm going to use a power filter with a sponge, I guess they're called sponge filter?

what kind of fish/invertebreas should/could I use to cycle it? Or do I really need to cycle it?

I want piccies!!!

Pics! soon!

Sounds great MaC! Looking forward to seeing your project. :D How many females do you have now? Are you getting new girls too?

How exciting!!

Oh wonderful! Take your time building your tank to something really swell.

EDIT:

By the way, I have different substrates in different tanks. Some are live plants almost exclusively and some are fake plants and some are mixed. Always with very much of an exclusively planted tank, you must consider the lighting and other needs of the plants. If you decide on a planted tank, I always start with fake and add some live plants that will adapt to my lighting. I then add components and plants along the way.

You know, I think It'd be cool to have a sorority tank, but its hard to do when you've been using hand and foot to maintain a newly established 55G cichlid tank, 3 betta bowls, 1 10G that your in the middle of taking apart(was close to finished, but got put off) and another 10G thats empty except for gravel, 11 white clouds and a cory.

My partly taken apart 10Gs are in our guest bedroom, which my friend slept in last night. I think it might've smelled, but he didn't say anything :/

Anyways, sounds like a fun furure project!
Cool!

That's disappointing. :-( But you will enjoy the process. Take your time and enjoy it. Are you starting from scratch? What size tank are you considering?

Awww you'll get there. My 7 girls are all doing well now everyone has gotten used to each other. They're a right bunch with varying personalities. A couple of them have become very attached to the little male s.gouramie who lives with them (he was bullied b4, poor fella, and he's never been happier than with the girls). They do well with the plec, angelicus (my big syno)and baby ralph. They're gonna need a bigger tank now tho! :lol:
Hugs,
P.

Thanks guys, I found some gravel I wanted last night it's blue and bright green. I'm going to get two rainbow colored caves, and two packs of three velvet plants. Should I use an undergravel filter or a power filter? I'm getting all the stuff today and getting the hood in a week.

P.S. It's a 10 gallon tank.

P.P.S. I tried to save some more bettas lifes last night be unstacking and moving them to the front. Those people get on my nerves at Wal-Mart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back