Goldfish Laid Eggs!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

BlackyMoory

Reaction score
Right so every year for the past 4 years my goldfish have been laying eggs usually the do not hatch but this year the eggs have little black dots on them :S
Ā 
What should I do IĀ separatedĀ them and have them in a warm room!
Ā 
How can I tell if they are fertile ?
What do I do ?
Ā 
agh!!!Ā 
Ā 
LOL xD

Moved this post from the species index, which is for informational posts rather than questions. Some parts of the forum were rearranged recently; hopefully I've put this in the right place.

Are your goldfish in a tank or pond? What size tank/pond? How many adult goldfish have you?

Lunar Jetman said:
Are your goldfish in a tank or pond? What size tank/pond? How many adult goldfish have you?
Ā 
Ā 
In a tank there are 4 of them the tank is 30 Gallons ( I know it is too small and I am going to upgrade)
Ā 
I separated the eggs cause don't the adults eat them? There are black little dots in the eggs!
Ā 
Thanks
Ā 
Donya said:
Moved this post from the species index, which is for informational posts rather than questions. Some parts of the forum were rearranged recently; hopefully I've put this in the right place.
Ā 
thanks donya! Sorry about that!

Don't know a thing about goldfish, but I'd think if you just keep an eye on them for a couple of days they should be fine. Do you have them in a tank with a mature filter?Ā 

This Old Spouse said:
Don't know a thing about goldfish, but I'd think if you just keep an eye on them for a couple of days they should be fine. Do you have them in a tank with a mature filter?Ā 
Ā 
No a tub I really don't know what I'm doing :/

They need to be in a container that has a filter, or at least an airstone to keep the water moving.Ā 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back