Goldfish Behavior

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppy Mama

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
What does it mean when a goldfish kind of herds theothers down the line of the tank? One of my fish, Loki, (I really don't know if it's a boy or a girl anymore!) uses his/her nose to kind of nudge the other fish down the length of the tank. Is this a dominacne thing or a sexual thing? Loki is the only one out of 8 fish in thet ank and he does it to the koi as well. Gracias, Merci, and thanks.

Yes, he has a good inch or two over the rest of the fish in there. King Loki, perhaps, eh? Do both males and females display this kind of "I am the boss" behavior?

It is a dominance thing (notmateing thought he would se pimples if they were ready to spawn) and gold fish are a schooling species but the Koi should not be in the tank 55 gallon is to small for a koi A full grown koi needs 200 gallons of water to itself and they need atleast 1000 to swim semi-hapily. Dig a pond and buy a kit at homedepot for about $100 (thats the price here).

Opcn

For now I think the koi is okay. He is not very big. we have pond materials here already, but our yard isn't finished getting designed, so I am not putting the pond in yet. I check my water everyday, and as of right now there is a lot of room in there. $100 is cheap, though. What does that include? Thank you for the info on the behavior.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back