Gold fish hurt

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Minhas

Reaction score
Accidentally my two gold fish hurt with some sharp object in community tank of total 8 fishes. They are active eating and swimming smoothly but what to do with their little wound came near to their tail side. Please help

Attachments

• IMG_20200925_144607.jpg
    IMG_20200925_144607.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20200925_144607.jpg
    IMG_20200925_144607.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 113
Accidentally my two gold fish hurt with some sharp object in community tank of total 8 fishes. They are active eating and swimming smoothly but what to do with their little wound came near to their tail side. Please help
If you can I would recommend isolating them, adding some salt and keeping the water really clean in the quarantine tank. It’s funny bc I just wrote the to another thread about fin rot. But really you want to make sure the fish cannot open the wound once it starts to heal and you want to make sure you can watch it’s progress. If you can’t isolate it them maybe I would take the piece out the caused the injury and doing the same process as previously stated. I’m sure there is some type of medication you can buy, but I am not familiar with any specifically for injuries.

I attached one but difficult to take picture. Hope it would be helpful for you
Seems salt is best.

Leave them in the tank and do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for 1 week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

---------
Add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 2 weeks. When you do water changes while using salt, add salt to the new water before it's added to the tank so the salinity (salt level) in the tank remains stable.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back