Ghost shrimp

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BeannytheRipper

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi, i have ghost shrimp in my tank and one when i bought it had little green eggs on it. they are growing nicely, i can see the eyes and they are starting to turn more clear, but one main thing i was wondering was that about half of what i check out in my research says that the eggs should be pink and that the female will drop them off somewhere and usually eat them, the rest say that the eggs will start out green and grow on the female who will then attach herself to a plant to release the mostly grown fry and they will hang upside down on the plant for a while. i guess im confused as to which one is right or if they both are. :dunno: :fun:

im not sure abvout how they lay them, but i do know they are extremely hard to raise because the secon the female releases them you have to remove her because what she doesnt eat of the eggs she will eat of the fry

Thanx, i've read a lot of ppl say that when they try to raise them they usually fail but if they just let them go, they end up w/ more shrimp than they know what to do with.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back