Gabriel's Spawn Diary -- F2

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hey, it's Sabrina. I finally went and registered on here. I really have been following this spawn diary, though. I don't have any pics of the fish art to show you yet, but I did post my own spawn diary just a little bit ago. I have baby fishies!! I'm so happy! :D

BTW, I think I might like to have that grey one. Are the tail lobes even? I'm REALLY interested in a DT with red-loss. A white male would be about perfect since I now have an opaque splendens female (who I just spawned). hee hee
Welcome to the forum :D

The grey one has relatively even tail lobes, yes. No telling if it'll stay that colour though, only time will tell. It might eventually develop some yellow, orange, or blue-green iridescent spots. I don't think you'd want to breed my whites with your opaque female since they are not opaque and would probably just throw red multis, but you're certainly welcome to one when the time comes. They're either cellophane or marble without any pigmentation.

jollysue -- Sorry to hear about the cories, I'm sure you'll have better luck next time. As for the microworms, just find yourself a small plastic container with a lid, pop in some sort of moist grain product (oatmeal, baby cereal, bread, etc), sprinkle yeast on top, and toss in the culture. You're good to go! I've found that baby cereal works best for me.

Hey, it's Sabrina. I finally went and registered on here. I really have been following this spawn diary, though. I don't have any pics of the fish art to show you yet, but I did post my own spawn diary just a little bit ago. I have baby fishies!! I'm so happy! :D

BTW, I think I might like to have that grey one. Are the tail lobes even? I'm REALLY interested in a DT with red-loss. A white male would be about perfect since I now have an opaque splendens female (who I just spawned). hee hee
Welcome to the forum :D

The grey one has relatively even tail lobes, yes. No telling if it'll stay that colour though, only time will tell. It might eventually develop some yellow, orange, or blue-green iridescent spots. I don't think you'd want to breed my whites with your opaque female since they are not opaque and would probably just throw red multis, but you're certainly welcome to one when the time comes. They're either cellophane or marble without any pigmentation.

jollysue -- Sorry to hear about the cories, I'm sure you'll have better luck next time. As for the microworms, just find yourself a small plastic container with a lid, pop in some sort of moist grain product (oatmeal, baby cereal, bread, etc), sprinkle yeast on top, and toss in the culture. You're good to go! I've found that baby cereal works best for me.

:hyper:

I'm sure you are going to keep that orange one, but if you do decide to adopt him/her out, I would love to take/buy it. I think it would fit in great with either, of 2 lines I'm working on. I love the ones I got from you last time. Also, I think it would be neat to have some of their nieces, and nephews.

...I don't think you'd want to breed my whites with your opaque female since they are not opaque and would probably just throw red multis, but you're certainly welcome to one when the time comes. ...

I know there's a good possibility of that. But redloss is a trait that I would like to introduce. And if I then breed the resulting offspring of that spawn to each other, I should be able to reproduce the colors of the original pair. Granted, I may only get a handful that have the very clean white I'm aiming for. But the ones I did get would then be carriers of the redloss gene.

:D

Wow They all look great.. I look forward to seeing more pictures.. I Now want to give this a shot.

...I don't think you'd want to breed my whites with your opaque female since they are not opaque and would probably just throw red multis, but you're certainly welcome to one when the time comes. ...

I know there's a good possibility of that. But redloss is a trait that I would like to introduce. And if I then breed the resulting offspring of that spawn to each other, I should be able to reproduce the colors of the original pair. Granted, I may only get a handful that have the very clean white I'm aiming for. But the ones I did get would then be carriers of the redloss gene.

:D
Ah, I see your logic :nod:

ManyFISH4Me -- If the orange remains orange you're welcome to it, I have no interest in oranges.

Wow they look really good Synirr!!

The F1 babies you gave to me are doing GREAT!!!!!!!! =D The girles are big and fat LOL..............

Just wondering, are you going to be selling those DT'S, I would love a DT cambo male if possile ( $$$$ ) :hyper:

Who's got the one in the third pic from Jan 19th?--a red/orange DT w/white body and red gills?

I suppose one survivor out of the seven egg clutch for the first time try while working up to 60 hour weeks, living out of boxes, having just moved isn't real bad. Sometimes I was so tired changing water I couldn't see. I lost several to careless water changes and some to fungal infections. But my little survivor is a champ. I actually never even expected the eggs to hatch.

Worse news is that my sisterhood, the Alpha Betta Sorority, has turned into a Kill Bill Kung Foo Society. The girls have made several of their girlfriends disapear. The Synirr girls seem to be doing well so far, but I have to do something with the gals. It's a little Texas Chain Saw Community. Both my Black Copper girls are gone and my "Yellow Long Tail Plakat gal." It's very unsatisfactory.

Yep yep, I'll be selling the vast majority of them :p

Edit: jollysue -- Nobody has any of them yet... I'm hanging on to them a while longer :)

Synirr, I'm not sure if you ever figured out who I was. I meant to PM you or e-mail you and...kinda got side-tracked. Long story short, I'm trying to reconcile with my husband and will be moving soon and don't know when I'll be able to really get back into the hobby....anyway, I won't be able to take you up on that trade (artwork for fish...). ...Right now I've got my hands full trying to figure out a home for my own fry since they probably won't even be a month old when I leave. Anyways...there's a little more information on my spawn diary update if anyone can help me out?

Yeah, I knew who you are, and that's fine... Life happens sometimes :). Hope things work out for you.

can you ship :drool: :wub: :lol: lol

they look gorgeous Synirr

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back