Gabriel's Spawn Diary -- F2

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Synirr

"No one is a failure unless you try"
Reaction score
My second spawn diary, I'm so proud :wub:
Some of the fry are now free-swimming, and have had their first meal of microworms! Some are light bodied and some are dark, so this should be an interesting turnout.

Chillin'. See all the tiny eyes at the top?
DSCN3381.jpg

Two light fry and two dark ones
DSCN3387.jpg

Wow, very cute.

Reminds me a little of Pacman, and the little ghosty eyes after he chomps 'em.

They look so weird, the eyes seem so big for their little bodies- but cute little critters nonetheless. How many are there about?

Goodie I cant wait. I am starting on buying my tanks now. I will have plenty buy the time they get ready to be u for rehoming... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

How many are there about?
I have no idea, because I'm really bad at estimation and it's hard to see in the sides of the upperware they're in... I'm guessing around 100? Definitely fewer than in my first spawn, but still a ton!

SandyMushCowgirl -- Oh good! I'll bet that means you'll be getting some marbles too! I was hoping you'd get some variety and not just red multis :)

Yeah, I sure hope I get some marbles and maybe there will be a couple like Frost too. :hyper: I think it will be awesome to see what both your spawn and mine bring. I am considering spawning Majestic Sunset with my green male plakat too. :grr: I wonder what I might get from that spawn. :hey:
I hope you babies do very well. :)

I tranfered all the fry to the 10 gallon tonight; I know it's early, but honestly, I don't want as many as I had last time and I'm kinda hoping for a little die-off, as horrible as that sounds... at this age, I don't think they're anything but little eating machines, so forgive my lack of empathy. Anyway, I counted them as I moved them. You know how I said I'm bad at estimation?

196. 196 fry.

That's a little less than last time, but not by much! I moved Gabe with them since he was frantic about losing them, and he's currently rushing around gathering them all into the same general location. Again I say, what a great daddy he is :wub:. He has had a meal of grindal worms for his efforts. I'm going to leave him in as long as I can, as I did with Ipos; I really think it's better that way. There's a risk of losing some fry if he goes cannibal, but he's much happier staying with them.

And now, some pics!
Fry next to a snail
DSCN3408.jpg

Gabriel with a mouthful of fry
DSCN3394.jpg

Spitting them out
DSCN3400.jpg

Look close and you can see one ^_^
DSCN3400fry.jpg

No, I have no idea what's going on with his colours. Hormones must be making them change...
DSCN3402.jpg

That's amazing Synirr, I wish I had that much luck with breeding :p congrats once again :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back