Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

when I snap my fingers, I use the thumb and the finger next to the pinkie finger as it gives a louder snap

when I snap my fingers, I use the thumb and the finger next to the pinkie finger as it gives a louder snap
Nope....no I definitely can't do it that way 🤣 been trying ages, look a bit mental now

I didn't have a camera handy last night.

I wish that I had.

Yesterday morning the local authority got one of its big mowers out and cut the communal grass areas at the front of the flats where I lived.

Last night one of the more recent tenants was out on the grass

Hoovering it.

Yep.

Hoovering the grass.

When asked by another neighbour why...his response was that he didn't want grass cuttings to be walked into his flat, so he was hoovering the grass.

Shortly thereafter, his hoover died in a rather spectacular way....grass cuttings all over his hall carpet.

That is camera worthy. in October 2008 I tackled the sandspurs on my lot seriously. What is a sandspur, it is a sharply pointed wrecking ball about 3/8 inch in diameter that when you step on it, punctures your foot and when you go to remove it punctures your thumb and forefinger until you break down and find pliers, hopping on one foot. so in New Mexico they call these goatheads and a lady I knew out there used a propane torch to get them out of her yard.

My helper and I get a propane torch and a garden hose, so we don't burn the neighborhood down and we burn the sandspur plants on my corner lot. Various neighbors come by to see what we are doing and make sure we aren't going to burn the neighborhood down. It was dry that fall. We didn't start a major fire, and the next morning I go out to check our success. And the plants had burned but the seeds hadn't. so I got my shopvac that is rigged for dry and shop vac'd up every seed I could find. If I had an enemy that was a nasty bomb in that vacuum. (I emptied it into the trash can - city dump got it). But yes I hoovered the weed seeds. And in 2009 I held a bbq and people could wear flip flops or go barefoot. It was amazing. No videos available.

77832321606507016492065507117953.jpg

there is a type of frog that gives birth from holes in its back, I don't remember the name but i would assume that it would not be hard to find online (I don't think anything else in the animal kingdom does that.)
Now that is pretty freaky...

there is a type of frog that gives birth from holes in its back, I don't remember the name but i would assume that it would not be hard to find online (I don't think anything else in the animal kingdom does that.)
I remember that one too, because it creeped me out so much when I saw a video of it happening! It really is gross looking. It's a toad called the Suriname toad (Pipa pipa).
Quote from this National Geographic article that's well worth a read:
"An exceptionally flat, leaf-like amphibian from South American rainforests. During mating, the male deposits dozens of fertilised eggs onto the female’s back, and then her skin grows around the eggs, creating a surface like inverted bubble wrap. The offspring develop in these small wombs for months. Eventually they erupt from mom’s back and head into the water as little froglets, skipping the tadpole stage entirely.

Why such a strange system? Like other ovoviviparous species, the Suriname toad can give her eggs some protection by carrying them around—useful in a world full of hungry egg predators."

Video for those brave enough to watch! Here's your "it's really creepy but cool looking" trigger warning.

I remember that one too, because it creeped me out so much when I saw a video of it happening! It really is gross looking. It's a toad called the Suriname toad (Pipa pipa).
Quote from this National Geographic article that's well worth a read:
"An exceptionally flat, leaf-like amphibian from South American rainforests. During mating, the male deposits dozens of fertilised eggs onto the female’s back, and then her skin grows around the eggs, creating a surface like inverted bubble wrap. The offspring develop in these small wombs for months. Eventually they erupt from mom’s back and head into the water as little froglets, skipping the tadpole stage entirely.

Why such a strange system? Like other ovoviviparous species, the Suriname toad can give her eggs some protection by carrying them around—useful in a world full of hungry egg predators."

Video for those brave enough to watch! Here's your "it's really creepy but cool looking" trigger warning.
I've never ever ever EVER been freaked out by frogs but that's some freaky syfy stuff right there...
I'm honestly disturbed by seeing that lol.
LAY EGGS LIKE NORMAL FROGS YOU ALIEN FREAKS 🤣

Most reactions

Back