Food supply

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lynnzer

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have ongoing cultures of white worm and vinegar eels that I can make available. Collection only though at postcode SR8 1LW.
I'm beginning to get overrun with the white worm. They are really multiplying fast now that I feed them wholemeal bread soaked in double cream, rather than the usual yoghurt. Anyway, all my fish are really into them and they are an ongoing free foodfest as a culture will only ever multiply if you take care of it. Great for all breeding fish especially. I will happily split my most heavily populated container for £15 which will save so much money in the long term from buying bloodworm etc at around a tenner a bag for live ones.
The vinegar eels are similarly very heavily populated and will last forever; great for fry, and even smaller than baby brine shrimp that cost a bomb to hatch from a culture. In fact vinegar eels are self replenshing unlike brine shrimp that require a new batch of eggs being fed into the container to keep going. At £10 per bottle you have a lifetime of fry food. I started with a single small packet several years ago and now have endless numbers of bottles of them. Can't do them any cheaper as apple cider vinegar costs a bit, and for the white worms the bread and cream also costs a bit too.

Last edited:
Go for this offer if you can!

If I wanted to, I could feed my entire fishroom daily off 3 cultures of whiteworms I run. They are rich food, so I limit quantities. For breeders, they are a staple. They fire up egg production.

@Lynnzer must have rosy cheeked English whiteworms there. Bread and cream? They live the life of luxury! I buy a bag of kitten food about once a year ($9 CAD), although bags have been known to go far longer than a year and still do the job. That gives me enough worms to treat or condition an entire fishroom. Cultures can be maintained for years, if you keep them clean and restart on a regularish basis.

Go for this offer if you can!

If I wanted to, I could feed my entire fishroom daily off 3 cultures of whiteworms I run. They are rich food, so I limit quantities. For breeders, they are a staple. They fire up egg production.

@Lynnzer must have rosy cheeked English whiteworms there. Bread and cream? They live the life of luxury!
Let's just say -- my missus buys way too much cream and I hate to see it go to waste.
I've just split a culture this morning too and some of the worms are a decent size. Must be the feeding on fatty food.
So, any takers for a good supply of worms then?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back