Fluval 407 Hose inlet draining water

BittheDust

Reaction score
My mother has a 407 Fluval and when she disconnected it lastnight we had to put a bucket underneath because the hose wouldnt stop dripping. It did after 10-15 minutes. Was it siphoning somehow? I believe the hose in the tank ends in a s turn and thats supposed to be above the water line. Is this normal?

On my 407 I put the end of the hose into a bucket when I service the canister. If the hose after being disconnected is leaking the shutoff valve might not have been fully closed especially if you used the locking mechanism to push the valve closed.

The hoses will siphon, as long as the drip amount is small enough and you have the ends in the bucket it shouldn't matter as long as the system doesn't leak when assembled.

1) Make sure valve A is in the full upright position (pushing up lever B unlocks the system before it full closes the valves on my system) Don't push too hard it is a delicate part.
2) C is another leak area, make sure the connections are locked down. Can be loosened when mucking around.

1698189502296.png

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back