Flicking!

johnseanpaul

New Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi I just recently noticed my sunset platy flicking itself on plants. I did my weekly water change today and placed a bowl inside the tank in order to poor my bucket into the tank without disturbing my stones etc. But when i came back from the kitchen I noticed my platy going mental and flicking itself on the bowl (being a harder surface)

What is this? There are no signs of white spot at all and I am really concerned.


Could anyone please give some advice on this


thanks

jsp
 
I had a Platy doing the same thing. He did this for a week or so. Then he started clamping his fins and sitting in the gravel. Within a few days, and a closer look, I noticed several fish had Ich. That's my experience with flicking fish.
 
Fish flick for the same reason as many other animals (ourselves included) scratch - something is causing an irritation to them. Could be parasites such as ich, velvet, flukes, etc, but it could be just that - an itch, an irritation.

Is the platy flicking incessently? Or is it occasionally?
 
My guess is ich..... Not always noticable by the Ichy white spots, but first signs are flicking and the like...... Raise ye'rr temp to 32 degrees C and keep it there for 3 days, then gradually lower it back to your regular temp (plus/minus) 26/7 degrees C) Not necessary to add any "ich" medication.....(Methylene Blue) this will work... in my experience of almost 40 years.
 
I have noticed one of my cats do it too about a month ago, he has never developed any other symptoms, and I've had no deaths, so I guess im saying dont panic too much just yet :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top