Fishless cycling

Just make sure to declorinadinate any water prior to adding it to your aquarium.
Well to make filling the tank easier, the first time just use your garden hose to fill up the tank. Its easier for the first fill... And make sure to let the tank run for 24 hours before adding ammonia to the tank. This will give time for the heater to heat the tank and for everything to just settle

Keep us posted on your progress and please ask any questions that you may have.
Also find out what your source water kH and GH is before adding any fish. You can have a LFS test your source water for you or test it yourself.
If a LFS does the testing, make sure that they give you the test results in numbers.
The GH and kH is of the utmost importance before buying any fish

Hey!
I went to buy the master kit from API from the store and they said its very inaccurate. They recommended JBL. Should I still go with the API?

Hey!
I went to buy the master kit from API from the store and they said its very inaccurate. They recommended JBL. Should I still go with the API?
I dont know why they would say its inaccurate... Its one of the best on the market... JBL is a great kit... But it can be very expensive.

Exactly.... They will always try to make a sale... Do your own research on the products. Just dont go really cheap and get the strip tests 😉
That's why the store was trying to sell the JBL. To make more money lol

Hey!
Welcome to TFF, you've gotten good advice so far

And as @Essjay has already stated, never trust advice from the pet store....they are not there to give good advice, they are there to make $...most of the time, they haven't a clue about proper fishkeeping

Where about in the UK are you? Sounds like a shop I went to recently. I did some research on the JBL kit which does look good but it is a lot more expensive than the API one. You can get a cheaper JBL one but it doesn't test ammonia?!

I've found that many shops in the UK don't sell the API testers. JBL and NT Labs seem to be the most common. It's possible that the shop said to buy JBL as they don't stock API and didn't want you going elsewhere.

I buy API testers from Amazon.

I've found that many shops in the UK don't sell the API testers. JBL and NT Labs seem to be the most common. It's possible that the shop said to buy JBL as they don't stock API and didn't want you going elsewhere.

I buy API testers from Amazon.
Yeah well now I know to not always trust them.
Anyways just got it off amazon.
I will try the dr tims cycle with the API test kit.
Hope all will be well.
Thanks guys for all the help!!

Yeah well now I know to not always trust them.
Anyways just got it off amazon.
I will try the dr tims cycle with the API test kit.
Hope all will be well.
Thanks guys for all the help!!
Welp another git another question,
I got a real rock from the store.
How should I treat it before adding it to the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back