Fish To Put Together

madmonkey04

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi i'm Alex and i got a 40 L tank about 6 months ago and I just love looking after fish and just watching the tank. I have 2 Golden balloon rams, 3 Glowlight tetras, 2 Penguin tetras , 4 red eye tetras and one guppy and a snail. I have got another 70 L tank that  I am going to use as a nursery and I have an 100 L tank that I am going to use as another one to keep fish in and I would like to know as many types of fish that I can put and mix in Both tanks whilst making sure they get along well and happily. could someone tell me or post a list of fish that i can have in and mix beetween both tanks. Thanks

Hi Alex welcome to the forum :)

I would probably change things around a bit from your current plans, the first issue are the Red Eye Tetra and the Penguin Tetras both of these are quite large tetras - growing over 2 inches with ease and both are quite deep bodied fish. You need to increase the numbers of each of your schooling fish as well, in the wild they are in huge groups which is a defense against predators a general rule in aquariums is minimums of 6 but close to 10 or more as possible. This way each individual fish will almost always have a "buddy" in sight which makes them feel on the edge of a much larger school.

So that said I would have the 40 as the nursery tank.

Then in the 100 liter I would move the Rams, Penguins and Red Eyes to have a stock list like
2 x Gold Balloon Rams
6 x Penguin Tetras
6 x Red Eye Tetras

Due to the larger size of the Red Eyes and the Penguins that would then be the 100 liter fully stocked.

And in the 70 liter
3 x Guppies - 1 male 2 female - if these are what you are hoping to breed for the nursery tank?
6 x Glowlight Tetras
6 x Pygmy Corydoras (as a bottom dweller - though you would need a sand substrate)

Alternatively if you reduced the number of Tetra species it would allow for more new species to be added between the two new larger tanks.
Wills

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back