Fish Photos

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It really depends on the other fish in the community and the individual fighter. Some Siamese fighters are mellow while others are aggro and still others go on the odd rampage.

Well if he got aggressive I have an empty 2.5 gallon he could go in. Hopefully he'll be good.

biorb.jpgGlofish (zebra danios)

It really depends on the other fish in the community and the individual fighter. Some Siamese fighters are mellow while others are aggro and still others go on the odd rampage.
You never really can predict any fish. With all species, some individuals are more aggressive than others. Some people have oscars that don't eat anything over an inch, and others (or the same people) have an oscar that attacks anything they think may be alive (and therefore intruding on their territory). Every type of fish has a wide variety of personalities. With bettas (particularly males), only put them in a community tank if you've got a back-up.

Nice fish. Hover, please don't take offense, but are you sure that's a large enough space for them? Zebra danios are active and need a lot of horizontal room - a 10 gallon minimum. I'm not sure a BiOrb gives them enough are to move around.

Zebra danios do best in 3-4ft tanks. 4ft or longer is better though. They will clear a 4ft tank one side to the other in 2 seconds.

Zebra danios do best in 3-4ft tanks. 4ft or longer is better though. They will clear a 4ft tank one side to the other in 2 seconds.
A 10 gallon is cramped, but I would say it's about the smallest they can live in without going the fish equivalent of insane. A BiOrb is 16" in diameter, unless you go with the Mega BiOrb. If that's a mini, it's only 12 inches (way too small even if it wasn't cramped). In addition, that 16" at its widest point I'm pretty sure.

They aren't dyed, it is a (as I understand it) painless method of injecting the genes into them before they hatch, although they breed true and no longer have to do this.
I still believe they are unethical, though. For one, it seems awful to copyright an animal that can feel and think. In addition, I've read they make them sterile to prevent people from breeding their copyrighted danios. And they're sold in little 1.5 gallon kits. They just generally annoy me...
I would say we won't use pictures of dyed fish, but it might be more accurate to say we will only use a picture of a dyed fish in the section where we describe why not to buy dyed fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back