Fish Photos

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
You said something about dyed danios in some comment a little earlier and people do stick them in 1.5 gallon bowls because the pet shop label says minimum tank size 1 gallon. Don't know why they think that's right but maybe the lady there that told me she keeps 5 goldfish just fine in a 6 gallon tank made the labels.

Here are some more photos. If it helps...

Clown Barbs (hard to get a clear picture)
DSC01034.jpg

Boesemani N Yellow Rainbowfish
SDC12352.jpg

Dwarf Puffer
SDC10903-1.jpg

South American Bumblebee Catfish (Microglanis Iheringi)
SDC12012-1.jpg

Here's a couple better photos of the tiger barbs. I really wanted to point out that the star of the show is actually some kind of cross. I picked up six of these recently and one died immediately. I was reading recently that it's difficult to get true tiger barbs anymore. Notice the extra black splotch ... not a stripe.

93f2c1f7.jpg

5171643e.jpg

Here's all 14 of them!

6234b618.jpg

Cool Endler, is it purebred? I just got some a week or so ago, I need to take (good) pics still, though.

As in crossed with guppies? Lots are, unless it was specified otherwise when you bought it there's a very high chance. Either way, they're really pretty!

Here's a couple better photos of the tiger barbs. I really wanted to point out that the star of the show is actually some kind of cross. I picked up six of these recently and one died immediately. I was reading recently that it's difficult to get true tiger barbs anymore. Notice the extra black splotch ... not a stripe.

93f2c1f7.jpg

5171643e.jpg

Here's all 14 of them!

6234b618.jpg

None of the most common fish nowadays seem to be a single species... guppies are all mixed, platies are all... in the same genus at least, no petstore breed the same color - and now even the tiger barbs are hybridized! :shout: With what species of barbs, do you know?

Sorry ... if you're bumping me (cuz I forgot to answer!) I think they're crossed with green barbs. The 5 youngest barbs are now in a Q tank with some unknown malady.
sad1.gif

Sorry ... if you're bumping me (cuz I forgot to answer!) I think they're crossed with green barbs. The 5 youngest barbs are now in a Q tank with some unknown malady.
sad1.gif

Those are the worst diseases... they never seem to have a cause, no matter how many tests and inspections you do on the tank.
I was just bumping up the thread because the responses have slowed.

We haven't decided so far - there's a lot to sort through. We will likely use only the clearest pics, but there may be exceptions for really cool fish/tanks.

If, in 2 days, we get no more responses, I think we'll just say there's not any point left to the thread.

I think you really need to let us know what you're still looking for. We're kind of shooting blind at this point.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back