Fish dropping like flies!!!!

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So far my wekend has been ####, my tankmates are suffering from something i can't explain initially. It all started when an old zebra diano had an ulcer which eventually killed her. Now my fish are pgging it two by two!!! so far i have lost:-

> Male black neon sword
> Black Female sword
> Black Lyretail Mollie

Some of my plates have white patches on their bodies and fungus on their mouths!!!! My one swordtail is gasping alot. so i checked the water parametres and my ammonia was sky high 0.4mg/litre and nitrite was 0.25mg/litre!!!

i was totally mortified by this that i carried out my 30% water change there and then to help the suffering souls.

My tank is fully cycled and has been for a year.

I'm just worried about this fungus stuff <brought on by poor water conditions> i have improved water conditions and i'm moitoring ammonia each day. I have added 'BACTERIA CONTROL' By King British.

Is there anything else i can do to help? Don't want to lose some of my favourite fish...................

Heartbroken fishkeeper :sad:

Also, is it possible something in your source water is different, test that!

What temp are you running at, is thermometer working correctly?

Did you treat the fungus with fungicide first, or did you start off straight with the antibacterial meds?

The temp is at 26'c and i treated the tank with fungus cure first but that made no difference.

At the moment the ammonia is down to 0.1mg and the nitrite is just barely pink 0.1mg

My female swordtail is sat on the gravel and gasping and has been like that for 4 days now but the fungus stuff on her mouth has faded abit.

Haven't fished any more dead ones today so far, but i'm worried about her and a Honey gourami that has faded from a nice rosy red to a slate grey and hangs about in a corner.

How much water do i change if i'm doing daily water changes with causing the tank to go into mini cycle.

Going to have to go shopping for some ammonia test kit and some nutrafin cycle.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back