First Timer - 1 Week In :)

:hi: The new tank looks lovely Chris, good luck with it!
Dbanner and Salam, I'm jealous. I'd love more tanks but not until I come into a few quid I'm afraid. :fish:
Thing with me is i have a very loving and understanding other half :) soon as i have my eye on a certain fish that may not be compatible with my current stock or if my tank is too small then she will say "your going to need another tank".... And she will buy it lol I think she secretly likes fish more than I do. The 8 footer iv got coming will either be home to a my Thai Silk Flowerhorn and Ornate Birchir... OR.. Il keep them in my 5 foot tank and get a dovii for my 8 footer when it arrives.... Not too sure yet. Plans may change again by then lol

Keep them both, the 5ft and 8ft :hey:

I just add on and upgrade at the same time. There are too many fish out there :hyper:

Keep your eye on that table I've broken 2 with my old 95l tank not as strong as they seem!

Keep them both, the 5ft and 8ft :hey:

I just add on and upgrade at the same time. There are too many fish out there :hyper:

Lol I will be keeping them both. Just not sure to give the flowerhorn and ornate the 8 foot or keep them in the 5 and give the 8 to a dovii

8 footer! :drool:
Maybe someday....
Lol my 1st thought was to get either a 6x2x2 or 6x3x3 but the lovely other half of mine said a 6x3x3 would be too wide and I wouldn't be happy with the length after a while so I might as well get a slimmer but longer tank... So an 8x2x2 from ND Aquatics it is :)

Now let's not get off topic here and kindly get back to Chris' tank :) :) sorry Chris :good:

Lol no worries, I like hearing about what people have, gets me more familiar with the hobby :)

You won't be short of peoples experiences and current tanks and stock on this forum :) I'm much like you in that sense an love to see pics of people's tanks and here about what they have or what they plan to do next. Keeps things exciting :)

Plants and decor in, along with 3 Neon Tetra :)

Sorry for the poor pics, quick iPhone ones rather than DSLR..

AA2A8435-ED36-4591-9465-888CF7B11219-17528-00000D22020B3AAD.jpg

F65A85A7-E515-451D-B676-8D06E3DE7C90-17528-00000D220D53A834.jpg

B3BF9106-3379-425B-BBD3-1547C3D97973-17528-00000D220993D237.jpg

Looks lush and green :good:

Didn't you say you were going to fishless cycle? Or did you manage to get mature media? Where did you go for your fish and plants in the end?

Got everything else from Ripples Waterlife in Shenstone..

They tested my water Saturday and nothing was present yet, so the guy advised me to try SafeStart by Tetra.

Put that in with my plants and decor, then put the 3 neons in Sunday, they've been fine since. I'm doing a full test when I get home to see of anythings developed.

Sorry to say, but those bottled bacteria like safestart are no good really. You are now basically doing a fish-in cycle. Please make sure you check daily and react as soon as ammonia or nitrite go above 0.25. You then need to perform a water change.

Also, are you going to up the numbers of tetras in the future? At least six would make them happy, but the more the better.

So, did you like Ripples?

Yeah Ripples is really good, the guy that helped me both days was great. I was sceptical about the bottles stuff but just took his advice, he said I was still in a window where I could use it with fish in, as no ammonia had developed yet.

I'll be keeping a close eye on levels, fingers crosses it should all be okay.

Yeah I'll be adding more neons once my tank is fully cycled, maybe have a nice group of about 12-15?

They're cool little fish! I love watching them and how they stick together lol

As long as you keep your eye on parameters you should be fine. The problem you might have is that three neons won't really produce that much bioload in a tank this size. If you have no ammonia in the next two weeks I suggest you add another three just to slowly increase the amount of ammonia.

12-15 sounds good. Any other fish you fancied at Ripples?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back