The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Grounderfree

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am very excited to be part of this group. I started my first tank back in September 2020 and it has been a learning experience to get it up and running. I currently have some mollies, Corys, and red tailed guppy’s. I am hoping to get into some live plants eventually but I don‘t want to get too in over my head.
I do not know a lot about aquarium keeping but did a ton of research before I started and have always wanted to have an aquarium. I live in an apartment with my boyfriend so we only have a 20 gallon tank and I don’t think we will have room for anything bigger/multiple tanks any time soon.
We also have 2 cats, Toast and Lady Marmalade. Toast is a grump but Marley is a very active kitty and loves the fish tank (probably more than I do). She will sit and watch the fishies for hours and I am always finding little paw prints on the glass.

Attachments

• 2DFA69F7-A8BE-4808-A245-C546219E0479.jpeg
    2DFA69F7-A8BE-4808-A245-C546219E0479.jpeg
    317.1 KB · Views: 83
Good luck with your tank! I'd recommend starting out with floating plants like water lettuce and frog bit if you decide to get into plants, I had amazing luck with them and zero problems when I decided to start planting. (Toast and Marmalade are the cutest names btw I'm in love)

Welcome! :)
Amazon Swords are great begginer plants if you want to try live plants. I agree with Bettafrog as well for the floating plants.

Welcome! Your tank looks great! I love the little lights around the top.

pothos is also a really good starter plant even though it isnt an aquatic plant. grows fast and is good for fry (if youre gonna breed)

There are also Anubias as well no you can also attach this to driftwood. There is also java fern and you can also add this on driftwood as well

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back