firemouths

nick.w

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi, can firemouths be kept with angels and gouramis?? how aggresive are they cause ive heard they are not much worse than angels??? do they nip i h8 fin nippers!!

I wouldn't say they are fin nippers but they are diffently aggressive, I would not keep them with Angels or Gouramis, they may get along ok but it is more likely that they won't and it will be the Angels and Gouramis that get hurt.

Alot depends on the tank size they are all in, the bigger the tank the better off youd be. Can they go with the fish you mentioned yes. But keep an eye on them.and be prepared to pull them at the first sign of major trouble.

most of the Firemouthes ive had would do fine with your other fish. But if you get a breeding pair they do get very aggressive and territorial. Each fish is different in personality just like people I have had FMs in community tanks and no problems and have seen it go disasterious for other people.

o right i have a 30 gal tank im only thinking of getting one and my angels are large and have suvived other agressive fish.

In that case I would add a small firemouth, that way the Angels will take the upper hand and the firemouth is less likely to challenge them, be prepared for the worst though.

Good Luck

nick the most improtant question has been skipped over it depends on how many angels and gouramis you have. but I would have to say for the combo of fish that you want you would probably be better off going with something like a 55 gallon tank or larger is in order.

Hey Juan! Nice to see you back on board!

I don't think I would ever even attempt to put my FM's with my angels. I did have a very small Severum wih them for a while with success, but it was never intended to be a permenant situation either. (Just until he was big enough to go with my other big fishies!)
Also, Juan asked a very important question, how many angels and gouramis are already in that 30g tank? With cichlids, including angels being as territorial as they are, adding a more aggressive and teritorial fish to the mix could be a recipe for disaster. With angels, I believe in a 30g tall, no more than 3 angels are recommended. Basically, you figure about 10g per angel.
Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back