Finally Got My Spawning Tank Ready

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

bronzecat

Leader of the Fishes
Reaction score
Well, all cleaned out and sparkly clean :good:

The male is in scooting about madly, in fact he's doing everything bar building a nest :S

The female is in the chimney doing what she's supposed to, getting fat :lol:

Here they are

IMG_2506.jpg

2008_11_13_0405.jpg

Got a funny feeling this one is going to be hard work???? Let her out the chimney for an hour earlier, trying to pursued him to start building. Nope, didn't work......she chased him, the big girlie :no:

Thanks guys :good:

Success :D Released the female about an hour ago and now got loads of eggs :D They are still spawning, so hopefully get loads of tiddlers.

oh wow theyre gorgeous :) are they in bare bottom tanks what do you mean by chimney?

Yep, always spawn in bare bottom tanks :good: Otherwise its difficult for the male to locate fallen eggs. A chimney is just a 2lt coke bottle with the top and bottom cut off. The top needs to be a couple of inches above the water level.

Pics of spawning tank Josh

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

And some of eggs and the pair

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

IMG_2975.jpg

Cheers for the pics mate :) looking good, the wrap photos are really good, should put them on the site in the spawning section :good: ! Glad they finally got to it, you've both got your hands full now with all these spawns!

Fantastic pics! Hope you get loads of wrigglers! x

Thanks guys :good:

We'll see how many there are in a day or two :nod:

I'm dying to hear an update! I'm simply amazed this girl didn't rip the boy to shreds! She was a cow bag when with me, little moose!

Quite the opposite Mads. Although she did have a good flare at him, she did end up quite bruised. No ripped fins at all but lots of little red marks all down her body. She's doing fine though and is eating well bless her.

You can see here all the red marks on her.

IMG_2967.jpg

Most reactions

Back