Filter Floss

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just coming upon this now so really dumb question coming....
Is this the little white square bit (in the Juwel filters) that they recommend you change weekly?
Go easy on me...... :blush:

Yeah it is :).. don't worry I asked the same question a few weeks ago :good:

Thats the stuff. 'THEY' tell you to change it every week so you're buying it all the time. lol.

Thats the stuff. 'THEY' tell you to change it every week so you're buying it all the time. lol.

Is this the little white square bit (in the Juwel filters) that they recommend you change weekly?

Yeah it is :).. don't worry I asked the same question a few weeks ago :good:

Yes I think you are correct, and tbh no need to change weekly you can don't get me wrong but most people as stated on here rinse in tank water avery 4 tob6 weeks and when it gets to sodden change it you can pick this stuff up dirt cheap on eBay I just bought a 10 meter roll about 12mm thick for £12 will last me till at least the end of the year if I did a change every week :) hope this has helped :)

Ah thanks guys! I've been changing it every two weeks so should I leave it longer or can I do without? Is its function to keep water clear?
I'm up for donating too, though I only changed mine last week.

Yep. Should be used as the final pass for the water to catch anything that the other media has missed. When using it to seed though it is best to place at the bottom of the filter so the bacteria flows through your filter.

Corrine, just checked and i think i have sent you the heroin by mistake... oops, sorry. :blush:

yeah change it when ever you fell your tank starts getting dirty or when you notice the water flow from your filter reduced, i have not changed mine for like 3 weeks noticed my filter was lacking power changed it and now its perfect :) depends on what you put in or done in the tank i messed my sand around and put some new fish and new rocks in so mine got dirty quick :) as i am leaving my tank alone for bait i should be able to make it last longer :) its totally up to you :)

Yep. Should be used as the final pass for the water to catch anything that the other media has missed. When using it to seed though it is best to place at the bottom of the filter so the bacteria flows through your filter.

Corrine, just checked and i think i have sent you the heroin by mistake... oops, sorry. :blush:

:crazy: well i s'pose i've got myself a bargain as only payin p&p lol :)!!

It was cut with 90% talc though...

Anyway... Back on topic. :D lol

I will have some more in a couple of weeks if anyone wants it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back