Filter Floss

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I've got 2 lots of floss going should anyone want it? Just cover postage via paypal. If that is ok with you then pm me and I will post tomorrow.

Right, I've got 2 lots of floss going should anyone want it? Just cover postage via paypal. If that is ok with you then pm me and I will post tomorrow.

So does that means 4 lots? :p

lol PM sent

i have some too..but would need infor on "how" to send it? ie what do i put it in do i dose with Ammonia etc?

i have some too..but would need infor on "how" to send it? ie what do i put it in do i dose with Ammonia etc?

You really need your filters to mature before you remove anything! People who contribute to this nornally have large externals with lots of media. So for you to be helpful, would just be a kick in the teeth for yourself.

what a marvelous idea!

I can't help though......used the stuff once and it irritated me that it disintegrated so quickly.

Great idea! I have lots of mature filters that are due a bit of a clean. I can put some floss into an otherwise unused filter until it all gets sucked into the floss. That's how I usually seed new tanks :)

Both lots now gone. Thanks Darren and Corrine, will get it posted tomorrow morning.

Thankyou... :good:

Didn't think i'd ever be this excited about receiving some used bacteria ridden sponge in the post :blush:

Filter floss should make an excellent bio-seed. As a matter of fact, I just used some to set up a 5g fry tank for about a dozen platy fry. I'm not sure how the filter floss was packaged for shipment, but it seems to me it should be wrung out (not rinsed), but should remain between damp and wet, sealed in a plastic sandwich bag, then wrapped in newspaper for insulation, then put in a mailer or small box for shipment.

I'm just coming upon this now so really dumb question coming....
Is this the little white square bit (in the Juwel filters) that they recommend you change weekly?
Go easy on me...... :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back