Female guppy acting sick..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ron

Fish Addict
Reaction score
My last female guppy is looking sick. Her left side of her is very swollon and pale compared to the rest of her gold body. She's pretty well into her prgnancy, she stays in one place and occasionally comes out. Shes been eating fine. My molly moly doesn't like her, (doesn't like any other fish in the tank) and pesters her when she comes to eat. Whats going on iwth her? Should I remove her?
Ron

I can't remember the name, but I think there is a disease where the side swells up but I'm not really sure. If I were you, I would move her into a tank by herself. You might want to look up diseases on the web and see if there are any diseases that have those symptoms. Good luck!
Aqua ;)

Ron said:
My last female guppy is looking sick. Her left side of her is very swollon and pale compared to the rest of her gold body. She's pretty well into her prgnancy, she stays in one place and occasionally comes out. Shes been eating fine. My molly moly doesn't like her, (doesn't like any other fish in the tank) and pesters her when she comes to eat. Whats going on iwth her? Should I remove her?
Ron
having the other fish bully her constantly, is a no no.
It will wear her out, run her down and basically kill her.
If she is poorly, and not just pregnant, then she needs all the energy she has to fight the infection.
Do try looking online as the person before me said. Thats what its for!
I would remove the poorly female, to give her a rest, but also give fry a better chance of survival.
One good thing, she hasnt lost her appetite. feed her a little live food to boost her nutrition intake meaning more good energy to fule her bodys antibodies!!!

Ron said:
Ron
having the other fish bully her constantly, is a no no.
It will wear her out, run her down and basically kill her.
If she is poorly, and not just pregnant, then she needs all the energy she has to fight the infection.
Do try looking online as the person before me said. Thats what its for!
I would remove the poorly female, to give her a rest, but also give fry a better chance of survival.
One good thing, she hasnt lost her appetite. feed her a little live food to boost her nutrition intake meaning more good energy to fule her bodys antibodies!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back