FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CozyCat

Fish Fanatic
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi

My albino cories have started breeding over the last couple weeks and some of the eggs have hatched! This is my first time raising corydoras fry, I'm so excited!😄

I've done some research on how to raise them, but am still a little confused on what to feed them. They are between a few days to a week old, seems Friday's are the day for egg laying which then start hatching Monday.

I have been feeding them bug bites (the stuff I feel my guppies). I grind the flakes up into a powder before feeding the fry. They must be eating it because it's all gone 20 minutes later.

I have the babies in a separate container floating in the tank with an air stone for aeration. They get daily water changes and lots of attention😍

I'm wondering what's your thoughts on what to feed and how often to feed corydoras fry?

VideoCapture_20220415-232603.jpg
20220409_192055.jpg
They're so cute!😍😍😍

Hello CozyCat...

I bred some Orange Saddle Corydoras and fed the fry frozen foods. Sally's is a good brand, though a little pricey. But the fry don't need much, just need to be fed pretty often.

add a little twig or a leaf to the breeder box water(aquarium safe)
it will make infusoria

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have found some frozen daphnia at my LFS which the babies love. Am working on setting up a live daphnia culture.
They're currently in an up-cycled sliced cheese container, there's quite a few fry so when should I move them into a bigger container?
They're growing up so fast😍

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have found some frozen daphnia at my LFS which the babies love. Am working on setting up a live daphnia culture.
They're currently in an up-cycled sliced cheese container, there's quite a few fry so when should I move them into a bigger container?
They're growing up so fast😍
you can change containers as you like, when they are big enough so that the big cories cannot suck them in with their mouth, you can put them back in!!!

Well the dictionary description of "widdle" makes me wince a bit. However they are so nice.
Hahahaha🤣 I didn't even know that was a word lol was trying to say little in a cute way🤣

I don't actually move my little wrigglers...they stay in the aquarium with the rest of the hooligans, doesn't seem to do them any harm and they seem to get enough food cos they soon grow into visible wrigglers before launching into full on zoomies with their elders.

The first time I ever get to see that there are wrigglers is when they gather on a moss ball (I now have 14 moss balls of all different sizes for them to choose from) by which time they are way big enough to stay out of trouble and get their share of the munchies.

I have always left any offspring in the aquarium, regardless of species, granted some get munched but I guess around 60% make it to hooligan adulthood in a vain attempt to force me to buy another aquarium

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back