Favorite Thing About Fishkeeping?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DiddleBug

Fishaholic
Reaction score
What do you like most about fishkeeping?  Is it watching your tank progress?  Watching your plants grow?  Breeding your fish?  Watching your fishes' behavior?  Something else? I'd like to hear what you have to say... :)

Hmm.. This is a good question and it will definitely bring up some interesting answers lol. Ive been meaning to ask this for ages but i never got around to it. My favourite thing is.... Probably introducing new fish... The moment they swim out of the net into there new home always gets me excited. That's level at the top with watching them. They are so calming and soothing. The next favourite thing for me is... Err.... Probably learning all of their different personalaties... :)

Great question. I am fairly new to fish keeping (10 months or so) but I am a dog trainer and spend a lot of time observing and researching dog behavior.  I am really enjoying watching my fish and learning about their behavior.  I find it very relaxing but fascinating.

having a healthy tank and watching them swim around--it's like a form of meditation

KieranBoyne said:
Hmm.. This is a good question and it will definitely bring up some interesting answers lol. Ive been meaning to ask this for ages but i never got around to it. My favourite thing is.... Probably introducing new fish... The moment they swim out of the net into there new home always gets me excited. That's level at the top with watching them. They are so calming and soothing. The next favourite thing for me is... Err.... Probably learning all of their different personalaties...
smile.png
Yes, I love to see my fishes' personalities! :D

brittgs said:
Great question. I am fairly new to fish keeping (10 months or so) but I am a dog trainer and spend a lot of time observing and researching dog behavior.  I am really enjoying watching my fish and learning about their behavior.  I find it very relaxing but fascinating.

Fishmanic said:
having a healthy tank and watching them swim around--it's like a form of meditation
I know what you mean!  I can sit for hours spell bound! lol  I've heard from multiple sources watching fish is a way of de-stressing and relaxing. :)

I had some bad luck when I first started fish keeping back in August :( but as of now I would definitely have to say that watching my betta change and grow is my favorite thing about fish keeping ^-^

brittgs said:
o_O Me too!!! I'm a dog trainer and spend a lot of time researching dog behavior and now watching my fish (and shrimp) behavior.

I like breeding the fish and watching the fry grow.
It's so cool to breed the fish it helps preserve the wild fish that won't be captured and sold because you just bred and sold aquarium raised ones that will not only live longer and better in a tank then the wild caught ones would but will also be much happier in there tanks as adult fish.

Breeding fish would be one of my favourite things but none of my fish ever breed!!

I love watching my fish, some of the things they get up to is so silly. I really enjoy the tank maintenance, most of my fish like to interact with me while I am gravel vaccing. There are so many highs and lows with rescuing fish. Its really nice when I have had a particularly sick fish pull through and start enjoying life, or course there is the bad side then of those that dont make it.

The constant reading and research regarding fish care changes so rapidly, what you knew was the right thing 2 years ago is now totally wrong due to research and more people posing information. Its a never ending learning curve fishkeeping, you can become good at it, but never an expert.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the research, for some reason I love researching plants and fish and stuff. I mean, I could sit there for hours doing nothing but research!!

book.gif

Definatly breeding and watching how personalities change during different times of year/even day!

Favorite thing is how they keep my mind stress free by just watching them swim :)

I like taking care of my fish, watching them eat, watching them move about the tank, watching them interact, watching them grow, and id enjoy breeding if i had the chance! :p

For me, it's definitely watching rainbowfish courtship and sparring displays. I love the colour changes and the posturing you see between mature males.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back