Expecting first online order

I was taught never to pour the water into the tank. Therefore, after I acclimate them, I pour them in a strainer and then they go directly into the tank. Yours may come in breather bags which should not be floated. I always open my bag and Clip to side of tank to float. That way they are getting new oxygen at the same time. Do what your breeder recommends. Let me know how it goes. I’m sure they are just fine!
Yes I’ll definitely let you know how it goes. And keep me updated too! I’d like to see your little fishy friends.

Hope they are ok! It has been warm lately here too. I was reading the rules for accepting package and DOA rules , for where I ordered from. Says not to float the fish , not to slowly add water to the bag, just to pour them in ... I’m gonna follow their rules just in case anything happens , but I thought you should always float ...
Yes, I don’t suggest floating the fish. You need to add little a,pints of water, every 5 minutes to the bag. That way, the fish can get used to the parameters and the temperature before you release them.

Good luck!

I float for 15 minutes then begin slowly pouring water in. That way the water in the bag is the same as the water in the rank.

I was talking about how the ammonia an co2 lowers the pH in the bag and because of the low pH that the bag has the ammonia turns into ammonium that is much less harmful to the fish. But when you open that bag the pH rises so it quickly turns the ammonium into ammonia. So that's why you shouldn't drip acclimate when you but online.

I do drip (ish) acclimate when I but form my LFS though.

Oh no!!!! Poor little ones. That’s sad. Have you contacted the company yet?
I’ve texted them and left a phone message. I paid through PayPal so I’ll be protected. I’ve never had trouble getting a refund. I just hate that Manzanita Driftwood has to eat the cost. It’s USPS’s fault for letting them sit at their Central Office for 2 days. I’ve never had problems until this stupid pandemic. I have 2 more orders coming this week and then I’m holding off until this is all over with.

I’ve texted them and left a phone message. I paid through PayPal so I’ll be protected. I’ve never had trouble getting a refund. I just hate that Manzanita Driftwood has to eat the cost. It’s USPS’s fault for letting them sit at their Central Office for 2 days. I’ve never had problems until this stupid pandemic. I have 2 more orders coming this week and then I’m holding off until this is all over with.
Weird you said you’d be protected through PayPal. My company says if you pay with pay pal you won’t receive a refund if anything is wrong. Well hopefully your other orders come through ok. I have two hours to check and report if anything is wrong with mine when it arrives.

As long as u paid via a credit card..even if thru paypal, u should be covered if seller doesnt make good on it.

Most reactions

trending

Back