Expecting first online order

Mine are suppose to be here by 8 PM tonight. USPS said there was a delay but still on schedule. Last time that happened I didnā€™t get them until next day. Weā€™ll see.

Mine are suppose to be here by 8 PM tonight. USPS said there was a delay but still on schedule. Last time that happened I didnā€™t get them until next day. Weā€™ll see.
Hopefully you get them today . Being live fish it should be something of a priority no?

I hope it works out and your fish are all fine. I have only ordered plants and once some shrimp on line, they are worked out well.

Fresh water clams sound interesting but I heard that if they die you will usually not know it until they really stink. You have sand and not gravel right?

Fresh water clams sound interesting but I heard that if they die you will usually not know it until they really stink. You have sand and not gravel right?
I have really fine gravel. Was going to place it into the fry tank ( no fry are in there anymore)

I got notice they will be here by 2 PM. They should be OK still. I will open them without any lights on since theyā€™ve been in a dark box for 4 days now. All lights will be off in tank too while I float them and acclimate them to tank water very slowly. If any are dead upon arrival, I have to take a pic of them in unopened bag and send it to seller for reimbursement. Iā€™ve only had this happen twice ever. I have probably ordered at least 20-30 times online.

I got notice they will be here by 2 PM. They should be OK still. I will open them without any lights on since theyā€™ve been in a dark box for 4 days now. All lights will be off in tank too while I float them and acclimate them to tank water very slowly. If any are dead upon arrival, I have to take a pic of them in unopened bag and send it to seller for reimbursement. Iā€™ve only had this happen twice ever. I have probably ordered at least 20-30 times online.
Oh. Four days is pushing it!
You do know that for online orders it's better to just temp acclimate and then plop and drop right?

Oh wow , 4 days ? Hope they are all ok . What did you order by the way? I got an update that mine is out for delivery and to expect it sometime before 9 pm. The place I ordered from is only about an hour and a half from me so expected it to be a quick shipment. If you receive the fish before 2 pm how will you do the whole no opening with no lights thing , since it will be daylight ? I planned to float mine with the lights off also.

Oh wow , 4 days ? Hope they are all ok . What did you order by the way? I got an update that mine is out for delivery and to expect it sometime before 9 pm. The place I ordered from is only about an hour and a half from me so expected it to be a quick shipment. If you receive the fish before 2 pm how will you do the whole no opening with no lights thing , since it will be daylight ? I planned to float mine with the lights off also.
Just no artificial lights on or overhead room lights. I ordered cories in todayā€™s shipment so hopefully they are OK. Pretty hardy. I am upset with USPS because they had it tracked for yesterday. Looks like it left the main office and then returned to main office never getting to our neighborhood facility. They changed tracking this morning. I just hope the little guys havenā€™t been on a hot truck for 2 days. Our local guy is good about bringing them right to me and they are in his hands now. What happened prior is out of his hands.

Just no artificial lights on or overhead room lights. I ordered cories in todayā€™s shipment so hopefully they are OK. Pretty hardy. I am upset with USPS because they had it tracked for yesterday. Looks like it left the main office and then returned to main office never getting to our neighborhood facility. They changed tracking this morning. I just hope the little guys havenā€™t been on a hot truck for 2 days. Our local guy is good about bringing them right to me and they are in his hands now. What happened prior is out of his hands.
Hope they are ok! It has been warm lately here too. I was reading the rules for accepting package and DOA rules , for where I ordered from. Says not to float the fish , not to slowly add water to the bag, just to pour them in ... Iā€™m gonna follow their rules just in case anything happens , but I thought you should always float ...

I was taught never to pour the water into the tank. Therefore, after I acclimate them, I pour them in a strainer and then they go directly into the tank. Yours may come in breather bags which should not be floated. I always open my bag and Clip to side of tank to float. That way they are getting new oxygen at the same time. Do what your breeder recommends. Let me know how it goes. Iā€™m sure they are just fine!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back