enough with the advertising

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I stated, I had a goal to get 100 members to vote in the Battle of the Bettas contest and I got a bit OC in reaching that goal as there was only one day left for voting. So as a last minute push, I posted several times on various threads seeking out votes. I agree, I probably shouldn't have done that in the emergency section.

In the future, I might make a post about a contest if I see a nice tank or fish that I suggest should be entered in a contest or in welcoming a fairly new member. I will not post in threads seeking emergency help.

Contests are an important attraction for our site and helps keep members interested in returning to the forum to check out the progress of the contest. They contribute to growing our site and attracting long term members.

I will end this post by stating that my goal of exceeding 100 votes in the contest was reached this morning! This is by far new a record for number of votes in a contest! And we also had the most entrants ever in any contest ....fourteen entries...a new record. Interest and participation in the contests is growing.

Please support our site and our contests by participating in our contests.

Last edited:
Even Colin voted this time after lots of arm twisting :)

Colin voted because he didn't want to have to face the wrath of Da Boss! :big_boss:

Betta contest has ended. Winner thread will be posted soon. trophy1

The Tank of the Month contest resumes around September 1st. Hope lots of members will enter the TOTM contest. o_O

The Tank of the Month contest resumes around September 1st. Hope lots of members will enter the TOTM contest. o_O
I plan to enter!! ;)

Will it start on September 1st? Or around September 1st.? :)

As I stated, I had a goal to get 100 members to vote in the Battle of the Bettas contest and I got a bit OC in reaching that goal as there was only one day left for voting. So as a last minute push, I posted several times on various threads seeking out votes. I agree, I probably shouldn't have done that in the emergency section.

In the future, I might make a post about a contest if I see a nice tank or fish that I suggest should be entered in a contest or in welcoming a fairly new member. I will not post in threads seeking emergency help.

Contests are an important attraction for our site and helps keep members interested in returning to the forum to check out the progress of the contest. They contribute to growing our site and attracting long term members.

I will end this post by stating that my goal of exceeding 100 votes in the contest was reached this morning! This is by far new a record for number of votes in a contest! And we also had the most entrants ever in any contest ....fourteen entries...a new record. Interest and participation in the contests is growing.

Please support our site and our contests by participating in our contests.
You were the only one that made me feel welcome in this forum when I joined over a week ago. I thank you for that. Instead of being criticized, you should actually be given more of an "up front and center role" in this forum to KEEP new members here.

Thanks for the kind words, Lilyann. When I took over running the contests in April, my goal was to increase interest and participation in the contests. The contests were stagnating previously with little interest from members. I think I did a good job of turning them around to become viable attractions for our site. I reached my goal of getting 100 votes cast in a contest which was only possible by "beating the bushes" to get the last few votes to top 100 votes.

Lilyann, thanks again for the nice comment. I hope you and all other members will participate in our future contests by entering and voting.

TOTM starts in 3 days....keep an eye out for the banner at the top of our forums and then click to view contest.

Last edited:
You were the only one that made me feel welcome in this forum when I joined over a week ago. I thank you for that. Instead of being criticized, you should actually be given more of an "up front and center role" in this forum to KEEP new members here.
I wanted to make you feel welcome but I was having trouble picking myself off the floor after seeing the pictures of your tanks. I am but one leaf of duckweed in a Dixie Cup compared to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back