Enough To Put You Off Your Tea.

I did a salmon head last month, that was quite interesting although not made too pleasant in that they weren't particularly fresh... None of the fish I've had that have died have been big enough to dissect properly, I had a bit of a poke around in one of the congo tetras but all I could manage was the gill arch.
 
Would be interesting to compare that to the necropsy of a regular goldfish, see how the shape/sizes of organs compare and how compact they are.
 
That was cool. :hyper:

On a related note, does anyone have any suggestions on a book of fish anatomy? This is something I really interested in.
 
I just went to a plastination exhibit last weekend ( which was totally kick-ass). So, I've seen worse, albeit not fresh cut from the body..but stiff nifty.
 
Euthanised my goldfish today, but couldn't bear to dissect it. It's been through enough.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top